Zimmerman should have waited for the police - Page 11
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 143 of 438
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    martin was not shot because of his character or skin color, it was because he was beating the victim. Simple self defense.
    But to some Zimmerman's initial profiling was justified because of the color of his skin, the hoodie and what later came out about Martin's past. Nothing Martin did justified Zimmerman pursuing him the way he did.

    Facts are debatable, but when it goes to court it is a matter of reasonable doubt. Proven, case closed.
    Reasonable doubt and self defense was not proven. It was accepted by six women...five of which won't even talk about it. Big difference.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The way Zimmerman lied, withheld information and refused to testify kept a lot of the story a mystery. There must have been a reason he didn't want us to know what really happened that night. But I respect the verdict just the same... he can walk.

    But in a civil case, when two people are at fault and there is a major loss, there comes into play what's called contributory negligence. Place a value on Martin's life, say 5 million dollars and Zimmerman's losses are zero, guess who pays Martin 2.5mil? That's what I'd be going for right now. Every dime of the fat sociopath's earrings would go to me for the rest of his life.
    I would dispute martin was worth 5 million. Just sayin'
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  3. #133
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    Is this the first time in American history where an accusation of "white" racism was successfully defended and proven false? Usually nobody stands up to idiot race baiters like sharpton and Rev. JJ, but they just lay down rather than fight. I wonder if this is the first time?

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I would dispute martin was worth 5 million. Just sayin'
    There is plenty of precedent set for a life being worth 5 mil...even his.

    On a side note, what person do you think has the highest life value?

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    But to some Zimmerman's initial profiling was justified because of the color of his skin, the hoodie and what later came out about Martin's past. Nothing Martin did justified Zimmerman pursuing him the way he did.



    Reasonable doubt and self defense was not proven. It was accepted by six women...five of which won't even talk about it. Big difference.
    Yes it was proven in a court of law. At least beyond a reasonable doubt.

    This is why you will not pass your bar exam. Acquitted. Not guilty. Jurors involved, gender irrelevant.

    Perry mason, God rest his soul, if he were alive today he would read your post and weep.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Is this the first time in American history where an accusation of "white" racism was successfully defended and proven false?
    How does anybody know that Zimmerman didn't follow Martin because he was black? That started the whole chain of events.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Yes it was proven in a court of law. At least beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Did OJ's trial prove he did not kill Nicole Brown. Did it prove he was not guilty. It didn't even prove reasonable doubt. It just legally set him free, that's all.

    I think you are buying in to lawyer jargon.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    There is plenty of precedent set for a life being worth 5 mil...even his.

    On a side note, what person do you think has the highest life value?
    I would value a person's life like a business. Martin would not have made one million, let alone 5. Teenage burglury dope dealers don't make that much or usually graduate to more lucrative careers.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Did OJ's trial prove he did not kill Nicole Brown. Did it prove he was not guilty. It didn't even prove reasonable doubt. It just legally set him free, that's all.

    I think you are buying in to lawyer jargon.
    Well, I can see you are weary of the zimmerman trial.......
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    How does anybody know that Zimmerman didn't follow Martin because he was black? That started the whole chain of events.
    Martin had a lead, he either doubled back or waited on zimmerman.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  11. #141
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,156
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I am not defending Martin. I am stating that Zimmerman's action created the outcome of that night. I am stating that had Zimmerman done any of the dozens of things he could have done...should have done...was informed to do...he would have had no excuse to shoot and kill Martin.

    I have already stated my point that if you or any of the others I have met who are saying that Zimmerman had a right to kill Martin try to tell me that you would not have confronted a person who pursued you in his vehicle and then on foot...that you are either not telling the truth, or you are not the persons you contend to be outside of this case. If you are going to tell me that you would have high tailed it to hide in your house, giving up your right to be able to walk freely about, because you believe that someone stalking you has the right to make you run and hide; I call you out as not being truthful.

    I can believe Zimmerman is a puss. Having met some of you who are defending his killing Martin, I don't believe you guys are. You claim to support "stand your ground", and then you tell me that you would not "stand YOUR ground", but would run and hide until the craze cracker following you went away.
    Good grief, Robin this works both ways. If Martin had done any number of things, Zimmerman would not have shot him. What do think would have happened had Marin just gone home? Just because someone is following you does NOT give you the right attack that person. That makes YOU the aggressor.....kinda like Treyvon Martin attacking Zimmerman and if you live, YOU WOULD go to jail.
    Honestly, If I think someone is following me, I WILL hi-tail it outa there and loose them. there really is no common sense reason to turn and confront that person. I really don't care to confront that person. If someone is STALKING me, thats a different matter all together. I would get the police involved.
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  12. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    There is plenty of precedent set for a life being worth 5 mil...even his.

    On a side note, what person do you think has the highest life value?
    Funny Brian in a civil suit everything comes out and not just Zimbo's past but the thug Trayvon also. His life wouldn't be worth 2 cents if his recent past was revealed in open court. Dream on. Gees Brian give it a rest. Unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  13. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    A person has a right to defend himself, even up here. Now putting yourself in a position that you have to take someone's life when you had the option to avoid it, well that is my question.
    I doubt most people would willingly put themselves in that position. If I was to take a guess, I don't think Zimmerman thought it would go the way it did. Or at least if I was in the same situation, I would not think it would have. However, the fact remains that Martin is the one that pushed it to that situation.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event