two stage variable speed vs two stage with out variable speed

two stage variable speed vs two stage with out variable speed

Is it worth considering a two stage with out variable speed furnace or is that the way to go? What are the distinct advantages with the variable speed ?

If i can't swing the extra cost would a 95 percent single stage be a better choice?

The advantage of variable speed is that it cost about 30% of the electricity of a regular multi speed blower and most manufactures have several settings for blower operation that can increase you comfort by a large percentage.

It will pay for it self.

Ask your contractor about 10 yr extended parts and labor warranty . If the blower does fail it can cost $1000.00 (parts and labor)to replace after the warranty expires (usually 2yrs).

Variable speed really helps out a/c with humidity and air flow
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Var speed motors Should be at least a 5 year parts warranty. I believe most manufacturers have 5 year total parts standard now, with some offering 10 year standard. But yes, it is a good idea to get an extended warranty, even if it's just parts only, because those motors are $$$.
    Also there are tax credits for them. I know Oregon has a $350 tax credit for an ECM motor in a gas furnace.