Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the feedback guys. For now it is designed for Basiloid packaging and I don't believe Goodman or York use this packaging. Getting the word out is my current challenge. Looks like I will be doing some advertising soon enough. If you know of Lennox, Nordyne or Rheem dealers and could pass info along that would be appreciated. So far everyone that sees this in action really likes it. Sorry to hear about the back being messed up, hope you have a full recovery.

John
    Inventor/Manufacturer:
    KoppLift™ Hand Truck Lifting Bar
    http://www.amazon.com/shops/JohnGKoppLLC
    Video
    http://youtu.be/FsSViwAEz7A

Quote Originally Posted by CoolShowers View Post
    Bad filter drier should have a temperature difference between inlet and outlet.
    With a long line set, say 120 ft, the pressure drop across the LL might be 30 psi. Assume R22 with a condensing temp of 110° and a perfectly insulated liquid line. Is there a temperature drop across the liquid line due to the 30 psi liquid line pressure drop? If subcooling is greater than 10°, then the answer is no. Is subcooling is less than 10°, then the answer is yes. FWIW, this is where the generic 10° SC number for TXV systems comes in. For line sets that are not considered long line applications, 10° SC is usually sufficient to ensure pure liquid at the TXV inlet. For long line applications and/or when the liquid line gains heat from something like hot attic air, then 10° SC won't necessarily be enough, and the liquid may start to flash to vapor before reaching the TXV. This is why it's important to understand the pressure/temperature relationship of refrigerants. The P/T chart can be used to determine the precise temperature drop across a restriction in the liquid line (among other things) if you know the pressures on each side of the restriction, and in some cases it'll show you that there won't be any temperature drop at all. It depends upon the SC upstream of the restriction, and the pressure drop across the restriction. If the subcooling isn't "used up" by the pressure drop, then there will be no temperature drop due to that restriction. I posted a tutorial thread on this some time ago. You might try a site search.

Thank you both for the well wishes. Definately makes you think about how fragile life is. Doc says I wont be able to lift more than 75lbs. We will see what the Lord has planned for me in this career. What is impossible with men is possible with God.

Jkopp do you want to send some brochures I could visit the locals with to help you out? If you ever needed a east coast Rep im your guy!

BTW: I had a system do what the OP was talking about a few weeks ago... 4T Rheem coil and AC unit (cube) added to a 13 year old Nordyne (Gibson) furnace (customer is on a budget). Put it in last Summer, when I did the AC check this year, the numbers on the DC were similar to the ones on your Sman. My diagnosis was a bad TXV (Rheem coils have them installed at the factory). Contacted the Rheem guy and they warranted the coil. Shoved it into the box, changed the LL filter (at the coil), brazed it up, pulled a vacuum, charged, and tweaked the charge... runs fine.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Thank you both for the well wishes. Definately makes you think about how fragile life is. Doc says I wont be able to lift more than 75lbs. We will see what the Lord has planned for me in this career. What is impossible with men is possible with God.

Jkopp do you want to send some brochures I could visit the locals with to help you out? If you ever needed a east coast Rep im your guy!
    Seems the more times one experiences this... well... God becomes very real!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by CoolShowers View Post
    So you have an evap temp of 38, which means your suction line is 95. Condensing temp is ~98, and liquid line is ~74. Bad compressor valves I'd suspect because of the really close suction and condensing temps.
    I'm guessing the evaporator superheat is something closer to normal and the suction line must be uninsulated, running a very long way, in a very hot attic.

Two-story home, upstairs closet fau rm, 50 ft line set with 3/8 wall rubitex suction line. Evap coil is starved for refrigerant. Restriction of some kind. Will do some more discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by JKopp View Post
    Two-story home, upstairs closet fau rm, 50 ft line set with 3/8 wall rubitex suction line. Evap coil is starved for refrigerant. Restriction of some kind. Will do some more discovery.
    Well, you're there and I'm not , but starved evaporators won't usually produce 20˚ ∆T's and I can't imagine how the suction line temp could be 95 without some heat gain from somewhere.

System has 20° split, indoor temp 73°, supply air temp 53°, outdoor temp 80° ambient.

Anyone else see a problem here?
    Would you catch this problem if you were not reading Sub Cooling and Superheat temps? A little blurry SH on left and SC on right.

John

Outdoor unit
    Lennox
    HS26-060
    R-22 system
    Indoor coil
    ADP
    LC42/60Y2CP
    Would help to know the %rh on the return and supply. This could be a good operating system if the return indicated <50%RH and the supply was a 43^F dew point or about 68%RH.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Thanks for the feedback guys. For now it is designed for Basiloid packaging and I don't believe Goodman or York use this packaging. Getting the word out is my current challenge. Looks like I will be doing some advertising soon enough. If you know of Lennox, Nordyne or Rheem dealers and could pass info along that would be appreciated. So far everyone that sees this in action really likes it. Sorry to hear about the back being messed up, hope you have a full recovery.

John
    I work for Lennox dealer in KC, be glad to pass it on to install. Can you send info?

John
    it would be nice to have something that could be used on the old units or non packaged units as moving the old one is a challenging as the new one if not more..however i do use a lot of nordyne so this could be handy..i may order one..

Well this is rather embarrassing... The feedback here had me thinking and I thought could I have? No... Well I did. Call it operator err or whatever, I put the clamps on the wrong lines and reversed my readings. Low on charge is what I had. Took 4 lbs and she is now cooling the compressor good. Went looking for a leak and came up UTL. Will monitor as no one has checked the charge for 5 years. Anyway this is more like it and I thank everyone for the feedback.
    This is more like it.

Before:

After charge adjust:

Work setting:
    Inventor/Manufacturer:
    KoppLift™ Hand Truck Lifting Bar
    http://www.amazon.com/shops/JohnGKoppLLC
    Video
    http://youtu.be/FsSViwAEz7A

Nice stool there. How'd you find that? Also, I'm sure we've all had our own "Homer" moments (d'oh!).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast