Thread: Carrier Model and S/N Breakdown

Post Likes

Carrier Model and S/N Breakdown

Can Anyone Out There Tell Me How To Read The Model Number And Seriel Number On Carrier Units (air Handlers & Condensers). I Would Like To Know All There Is, At Least Btu Output (tons) And Date Of Manufacture.

Post Likes
    Serial #'s: (I believe to be correct - I wrote down years ago)

7 digits = pre 1969 (not sure of numbering of these)

1 letter + 6 digits ( ex: A701111) A-L = month (A = January) and I believe 70 - 79 shows the year of the first 2 digits

1 letter + 6 digits M-Z = first part of the 80's.

Newer units (80's on) are 1297A11111, where 12 is the week, 97 is the year.

Post Likes

Carrier Model and S/N Breakddown

Thanks Bartdude,
    I have sense learned that Model Numbers don't have a standard. Usually the SEER and BTU will be in the middle of the Model Number, i.e. 24ANA436003, where the 4 is 14 SEER and 36 is BTUs.

Post Likes
    Oh, new units there is a pattern to them but there's theres a lot of info to post that many fan coils and condensing units.
    Real quick, without having to see what every number means on condensing units:
    24ACA336:
    24A = A/C, 25H = H/P.
    C= Comfort series, B would be Base, P would be Performance and N would be Infinity. (B, C, P, N in that order gives you more bells and whistles)
    3rd letter = A (puron) or B (R22).
    First number = SEER 3 = 13, 6 = 16, 1 = 21.
    36 = btu in thousands (18-60).
    There are more numbers after that but they mainly refer to voltage.

Fan coils there are lots of them. Will have to look them up to get the numerology? on them. I mainly use FE (Infinity variable speed) or FV (non infinity vs) and the occasional FY (non variable speed). There is a lot more to them but Im sneaking this in while Im on hold on the phone

peakslayer Guest

Boycott

Just as I have boycotted HP I will boycott carrier. Its a sad day when a company wont spend 5 minutes to help you acquire a model number so your service man can purchase the "proper" gas valve. I have personally cost HP thousands of dollars and will now cost them even more with my national computer business. I will do the same with Carrier. I have Ø tolerance for corporation that don't respect or place total emphasis on customer service.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by peakslayer View Post
    Just as I have boycotted HP I will boycott carrier. Its a sad day when a company wont spend 5 minutes to help you acquire a model number so your service man can purchase the "proper" gas valve. I have personally cost HP thousands of dollars and will now cost them even more with my national computer business. I will do the same with Carrier. I have Ø tolerance for corporation that don't respect or place total emphasis on customer service.
    A good service man should have no problem getting the correct valve without that model number.

peakslayer Guest

"good serviceman"

Obviously you're not a "good serviceman" or haven't had much experience with Carrier. We've had three people look at this (one being a certified carrier dealer) and nobody can figure it out. Someone already put the wrong gas valve on the unit thus the reason we're having these challenges!"

So please don't taunt me with your rhetoric about someone knowing how to replace this valve....unless "you" would like to cone here and prove everyone wrong!

Post Likes
    Obviously you're not a "good serviceman" or haven't had much experience with Carrier. We've had three people look at this (one being a certified carrier dealer) and nobody can figure it out. Someone already put the wrong gas valve on the unit thus the reason we're having these challenges!"

So please don't taunt me with your rhetoric about someone knowing how to replace this valve....unless "you" would like to cone here and prove everyone wrong!
    Why can't your "service man" find the model number on the furnace?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

peakslayer Guest

NO MODEL NUMBER!!!

Its worn off and sun faded from 20 years of hot steamy sun.

Post Likes
    That happens to a lot of units sitting in the sun for 20 years.

Post Likes
    I wouldn't waste the money on a 20 year old pack to replace the gas valve...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes

just a thought

[QUOTE=peakslayer;9001901]Just as I have boycotted HP I will boycott carrier. Its a sad day when a company wont spend 5 minutes to help you acquire a model number so your service man can purchase the "proper" gas valve. I have personally cost HP thousands of dollars and will now cost them even more with my national computer business. I will do the same with Carrier. I have Ø tolerance for corporation that don't respect or place total emphasis on customer service.[/QUOTE]

I am exposed to quite a few mfg of various types of heating and air / refer equipment i have service numbers and i WOULD NEVER ask a HO for help getting parts sounds like you need to break out the phonebook.

Post Likes

You got the money, I'll come and fix it. And I charge travel time both ways. So you need a real healthy balance in your checking account.

Post Likes

Carrier Serial Numbers

See attached on how to read Carrier serial numbers...applies to Bryant and Payne as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Likes HellGato liked this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in