Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCE Question

NCE Question

1) NCE2566-2500 recommended maximum object count is that with the controller itself or visible points on all items-user view count?

2) If you have over the count, what would that do to the other areas; would it slow it down or take more memory, please advise

Regards,
    Frank

NCE2566 where can I get literature that shows a recommended 2500 CCT object points? Would like to have it for reference. Because the student JCI book states 1000?

Thank you
    Frank

Are you a customer of JCI or field engineer ?

Engineer.
    Thanks,

so, you haven't used JCI literature repository...i mean the product documentation website ?

i can send a private message of that URL to you...but i don't see an option to send PM

I did use it thank you so, so much. Feel like I can't catch up lately.

Much appreciated,
    Frank

Frank,

Don't get confused! The NCE - 2500 objects is everything in the NCE. That includes all the CCT program points and the NCE programming stuff. You are getting confused on this subject. The CCT is only the programming part of the NCE - think of it as a field device like the FEC. The NCE contains 33 Inputs and Outputs and can contain up to 1000 objects. When you open the CCT program, it will tell you the % of memory used and should show a green or red panel or button - something like that. If this is fine, the objects in the CCT are okay. The next part to look at is the NCE objects which are from the CCT program (exposed on the MSTP trunk) trends, alarms, programming, and anything else which is done on the NCE.

Hope this makes sense

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble; it now make full sense.

Regards,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    Frank,

Don't get confused! The NCE - 2500 objects is everything in the NCE. That includes all the CCT program points and the NCE programming stuff. You are getting confused on this subject. The CCT is only the programming part of the NCE - think of it as a field device like the FEC. The NCE contains 33 Inputs and Outputs and can contain up to 1000 objects. When you open the CCT program, it will tell you the % of memory used and should show a green or red panel or button - something like that. If this is fine, the objects in the CCT are okay. The next part to look at is the NCE objects which are from the CCT program (exposed on the MSTP trunk) trends, alarms, programming, and anything else which is done on the NCE.

Hope this makes sense

Ok, the maximum number of objects in entire system device for NCE25 is 2500? Correct.

Thank you,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC87 View Post
    Ok, the maximum number of objects in entire system device for NCE25 is 2500? Correct.

Thank you,
    Frank
    You got it !

1. NAE part
    Recomended object quantity on NAE part of NCE :2500objects - including network objects
    Recomended network objects per ms/tp or n2 trunk : 1000
    So for example 1000 network objects +500alarms extensions+ 100 trends extensions=1600 objects
    And if you using FEC part and wan't to see it's network objects they are added too on internal ms/tp trunk.

2. FEC part is independent from nae (they could be a different releases)
    there is no object quantity in FEC part - there is only memory usage

Thank you!

Frank

What can [B]possible effects[/B] if we go over the recommended maximum object quantity on an NAE or part of NCE?

This doesn't mean it always can happen, but what does going over the object quantity take away from in other areas? Does it reduce the capability of any other functionality of the system? If it is design recommendation limit, there must of a been good reasons, to stay within their recommendations.

I think after this I will pretty much have a good understanding, thanks to all of you of this issue.

Thank you all again,
    Frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast