Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for all the responses thus far. I am gonna measure again and see if there is anyway possible to squeeze a Manitowoc Neo UY-0190A in that space.

After measuring and figuring and re-measuring, I think we are going to be able to make an air-cooled Manitowoc Neo work in our space (UY-0190A or UY-0240A). How are these machines? Is it alright to buy since they have just recently been released? Are there significant advantages over the older Q models (e.g., QD-0212A)? Many thanks.

They finally went with taking the good features of other style machines and combined it with the features that they had that everybody else copied LOL
    It a hybrid of all the best features IMO

The biggest improvement over Q would be getting rid of the water inlet float and siphon tube. This was the biggest issue with the Q but if they were set correctly and the machine was on sturdy level footing there is no issue with the old system.
    The new one is easier to maintain, service and it makes more ice using less water and electricity. All of these things will cost you less in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    They finally went with taking the good features of other style machines and combined it with the features that they had that everybody else copied LOL
    It a hybrid of all the best features IMO
    Thanks. Sounds nice. What about a water filter? ArticPure (AR-10000) or Everpure (EV9324-01) or another brand?

WWJD?

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    WWJD?
    Huh? lol. I don't guess Jesus needed a filter for his water because he was usually either turning it into wine or walking on it. But he might have preferred the Ever-Pure name.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Huh? lol. I don't guess Jesus needed a filter for his water because he was usually either turning it into wine or walking on it. But he might have preferred the Ever-Pure name.
    Nice!

Although I'm a huge fan of Manitowoc Ice machines, I personally don't like Manitowoc's water filter systems. The Arctic Pure filters are a little pricey and they don't have a huge capacity - (in other words they clog up quickly).

The i2000 Everpure system you mentioned, is a good quality filter. It is still pricey, but may be worth it.

At our company we usually use Everpure's "Costguard" line of filter systems. For a small ice machine like what you're getting, a 9100-10 Costguard system with a single 10" carbon scale-reducing filter like the 9108-17, would be a good choice. Now you're looking at spending only $15 every 6 months for filter replacements, and the 10" filters still do a fine job.

Here's a link to this filter system, so you can see what it looks like (though I have never actually used this website - it just popped up in a Google search http://www.zesco.com/Everpure-CostGu...z236B007KT.htm

Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    Now you're looking at spending only $15 every 6 months for filter replacements, and the 10" filters still do a fine job.
    Thanks for the advice. That sounds great. The filters for the i2000 are several times more than that, and I was wondering if we needed such filters.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to share that I cleaned a Manitowoc SY-0454A (discontinued) today. Usually, I dread cleaning ice machines, but I must say that cleaning this particular machine was a pleasure. The sealed evaporator, the removable water trough and water distribution assembly made it so much easier and faster to clean. Why can't all ice machines be like this one? Are you listening Ice-O-Matic?
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Quote Originally Posted by SandShark View Post
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to share that I cleaned a Manitowoc SY-0454A (discontinued) today. Usually, I dread cleaning ice machines, but I must say that cleaning this particular machine was a pleasure. The sealed evaporator, the removable water trough and water distribution assembly made it so much easier and faster to clean. Why can't all ice machines be like this one? Are you listening Ice-O-Matic?
    No, you're not late. I appreciate you sharing that because it is certainly helpful to hear.

Got the ice machine and filter. However, the lack of a drain is certainly a problem, so I am thinking of doing the following (see simple schematic below). Also what flexible water lines are most effective for connecting water supply to filter and filter to ice machine. Braided stainless steel? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

do your winter temps drop below freezing??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast