+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Ice Machine for Church

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Huh? lol. I don't guess Jesus needed a filter for his water because he was usually either turning it into wine or walking on it. But he might have preferred the Ever-Pure name.
    Nice!

Although I'm a huge fan of Manitowoc Ice machines, I personally don't like Manitowoc's water filter systems. The Arctic Pure filters are a little pricey and they don't have a huge capacity - (in other words they clog up quickly).

The i2000 Everpure system you mentioned, is a good quality filter. It is still pricey, but may be worth it.

At our company we usually use Everpure's "Costguard" line of filter systems. For a small ice machine like what you're getting, a 9100-10 Costguard system with a single 10" carbon scale-reducing filter like the 9108-17, would be a good choice. Now you're looking at spending only $15 every 6 months for filter replacements, and the 10" filters still do a fine job.

Here's a link to this filter system, so you can see what it looks like (though I have never actually used this website - it just popped up in a Google search http://www.zesco.com/Everpure-CostGu...z236B007KT.htm

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    Now you're looking at spending only $15 every 6 months for filter replacements, and the 10" filters still do a fine job.
    Thanks for the advice. That sounds great. The filters for the i2000 are several times more than that, and I was wondering if we needed such filters.

Post Likes
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to share that I cleaned a Manitowoc SY-0454A (discontinued) today. Usually, I dread cleaning ice machines, but I must say that cleaning this particular machine was a pleasure. The sealed evaporator, the removable water trough and water distribution assembly made it so much easier and faster to clean. Why can't all ice machines be like this one? Are you listening Ice-O-Matic?
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SandShark View Post
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to share that I cleaned a Manitowoc SY-0454A (discontinued) today. Usually, I dread cleaning ice machines, but I must say that cleaning this particular machine was a pleasure. The sealed evaporator, the removable water trough and water distribution assembly made it so much easier and faster to clean. Why can't all ice machines be like this one? Are you listening Ice-O-Matic?
    No, you're not late. I appreciate you sharing that because it is certainly helpful to hear.

Post Likes
    Got the ice machine and filter. However, the lack of a drain is certainly a problem, so I am thinking of doing the following (see simple schematic below). Also what flexible water lines are most effective for connecting water supply to filter and filter to ice machine. Braided stainless steel? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    do your winter temps drop below freezing??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    do your winter temps drop below freezing??
    Very, very rarely. This is approx. 1 hour north of the Gulf of Mexico in Mississippi.

Post Likes
    Hello guys!

I am looking for an ice machine for my shop. I have seen plenty of you guys talk about working on them and figured somebody here would point me in the right direction or have some experience with this.

First off, I am a carpenter and have a VERY limited experience working with plumbing, ice, etc. etc.

Here is my situation -
    -We work outdoors and have a pretty hot climate so we need a lot of ice (West Texas)
    -We buy a $4 bag of ice at least 120 days a year ($480)
    -I would like to find an ice machine to keep at my shop for around $1,000
    -For 3 of the months that we would be relying on the ice machine the max temp will be around 80* in my shop (shop is insulated but not cooled)

I have looked at a million different ice machines and Im still not sure whats what. I am very diligent about comparing products when making a big purchase but the ice machine game has my all confused. It doesnt help that NONE of them are geared or marketed towards my application.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!!!

Post Likes
    Just a Q. Is there a reason you tagged on to a 9 year old thread instead of you starting your own new thread? Just curious , thats all! Tks.

Post Likes
    You need <25 lbs per day?
    How clean is your West TX water?
    You really going to take the time to clean and sanitize a ice machine?
    Ice machines can be a expensive pita.
    Nobody cheaper on ice there? Sam's here has #20 for $2.50
    Want convenience they sell ice at McDonald's drive thru.
    Want a headache buy a ice machine.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    Hoshi or bust.
    Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    Well, I guess everyone has different opinions all what I/M we like the best. Me personally, Hoshi or IOM. We can all probably agree that scotsman is the worst.
    2013 thread. Haha

Post Likes
    my top three ice machine- 1. hoshizaki 2. hoshizaki 3. hoshizaki --- i saw this post was old but they probably need a new ice machine by now

13. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I would get the biggest one possible so you will have ice on Sunday. Friday and Saturday all the fishermen and other beer drinking boaters will be casually emptying the bin into their coolers.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Greetings! I attend a church (~75 to 100 people) needing an ice machine for our new fellowship hall. It has to fit in a designated spot between a cabinet and the wall (i.e., machine must be < 24.75" W and < 52" H). Like everybody else, we want a reliable machine that is also relatively easy to clean. I had initially thought about the Hoshizaki KM-151BAH. Ice-O-Matic has the ICEU220, but that brand doesn't appear to be highly respected on these boards. I was also gonna recommend we purchase a water filter regardless of the machine. Our budget is ~$2500. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

15. Likes R600a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You need <25 lbs per day?
    How clean is your West TX water?
    You really going to take the time to clean and sanitize a ice machine?
    Ice machines can be a expensive pita.
    Nobody cheaper on ice there? Sam's here has #20 for $2.50
    Want convenience they sell ice at McDonald's drive thru.
    Want a headache buy a ice machine.
    thank you so much for your suggestion

Post Likes
    I just replaced a 2 year old Manitowoc with a Hoshizaki on Tuesday. The customer could not wait for the new Manitiowoc board. I now have 2 of them down, waiting for the control board.
    Hoshi's do have expensive parts, but I hardly ever replace parts in them. Not to mention Manitowoc parts prices are going through the roof as well.

18. Likes VTP99 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yep a lot of things have changed since the op.

Been seeing a lot of bad hoshi evaps.

Ice o matic is all electronic.

Mani part supply is a mess.
    We just got a water trough back ordered since April!

20. Likes R600a, EugeneTheJeep liked this post.
    Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    Maybe we should all be using a Wanna Freeze ice machine?

PHM
    ------

PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Maybe we should all be using a Wanna Freeze ice machine?

PHM
    ------
    I wouldn't change much. These days most board issues are just a relay.

Post Likes

I have changed a few hoshi evaps as well, Under the 5 year warranty.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    I have changed a few hoshi evaps as well, Under the 5 year warranty.
    When I first saw the new style I thought they would be tougher with all the extra bends. Hope they figure it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in