Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Do you really think they all fall into the same category? That is "looking for suckers"?

Why can't some of them be truly down and out, unemployable, socially defeated, and just beaten down to a life on the streets? What's wrong with giving them a buck for a pack of smokes or a half pint of JD. It's probably their only enjoyment in life.
    I happen to agree with you on this Mr. GC. Maybe some people just aren't fixable. They are accountable to God for what they do with the money. I don't make them accountable to me. I do hate to be lied to though like with the $5 gas scam. Why can't they just ask me if I have a couple bucks to spare?

there is a guy, well a lot of them but one in particular, around my area that just has a sign that says "SMILE". He has it folded in half and flips it open like he is flashing you. He does not ask for anything and gets a huge kick out of anyone who responds.

Anytime I see him before he sees me I try to get his attention, point directly at him and smile. I think he remembers me as he starts to laugh without flashing the sign.

Another guy has a sign or two that say something like broke down and traveling, need money for repairs.
    I know this guy is a fake because he never leaves town.

As stated, some are legit and most are not. Judge each on an individual basis and you are the only one who needs to know why you do or don't respond.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123