Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: top 5 brands

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    1. Goodman installed by a pro
    2. Goodman installed by a guy in an unmarked truck that kind of knows what he's doing
    3. Goodman installed by a guy in an unmarked truck that doesn't know what he's doing
    4. Goodman installed by a handyman
    5. Goodman installed by homeowner
    Don't forget the goodman installed by the guys wife's sister in-laws 2nd cousins ex boyfriend that used to do heating and air work for a couple years but didn't call them back when it stopped cooling. That would be funnier if I didn't get a call just like that

1 thru 1 million: Any Goodman installed by my good friend Seatonheating.

41 years and still going. 1972 was a good year for something.

Fedders wins among these old units:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGSvEECllbA

Comment on this Youtube video not by me:

I think I may have said something on the old front discharge FEDDERS you found. That unit is old" probably 1972. My folks first new home built in 1971 had that unit installed line set electrical and evaporator & thermostat 700 bucks back in 1972. It's still with the house some 39 years later wow! what an investment that was then. Lol

Here's the Youtube link:

youtube.com/watch?v=dGSvEECllbA

Some are installing GeoThermal over nat gas with HW coil from a nGas HW heater for supplemental; and never using that designing VFD Variable compressor to 80-90% peak average cold winters loading, (still ~ 75% of manual J for zone4-to-7
    or ~ 110% of the comm cooling required to only 70% manual N and supplementing with conventional Hi Eff other types, RTU etc.

If ultimate comforts and even high mass HW radiant and etc, (ice melt? driv and walk clearing?) - then INSTANT-On-Demand Priority HW production from GeoThermal systems of w:w units added to or large enough for fancoils HVAC, with de-Superheating options to spin a little HW to a buffer tank (elect 40-gal, pre-tank) can be inplace: vs, a Single Hydro-Temp (patented 1981) HW Priority and DUAL HW Priorities as used all over the least cost to maintain schools and first net-zero school, only had 2mil solar compliment, compared to others with 7 million). WHY? Heat recovery to any fresh air exchange to the instant HW features , simultaneously in cooling modes (unlike Hydro-Delta-hyd-heat) allows for more savings, simply kept clean with a vinegar wsh each two or three years on the potable HW side.
    Dual compressors of single circuit reffrigeration out performed mini-splits and daiken-likes , well::: to date, but now are size 2.1/2, 4.1/5, and 5.7-"6" depending on how you believe outside box label ratings and dehumidification in cooling requirements. (see links below for 4 Variable Compressor GT, that cost less to operate than higher COP units/ ANNUALLY AVERGING the low and medium staging ~ 70- to 80% operating condition ((how AHRI raw data rated WF 41+ and Hydro-Temp 42+ EER's, and related COP's-annually get into the high 5's with these and dual compressor systems operating at ~ 30% first stage on already one-ton oversized for high speed heat exchanger water and air coils))

Otherwise Bryant Heat Pumps installed have gone through 3 expansion valves, and blowers in a first 12 years; and mostly no problems at all with them. Carrier: nGas, issues. Trane HX cracks in 11-12 years; and again mostly others NO PROBLEM. Amana thought well of by one GT assoc for over 30 years (in other lines now)...

York is always creative in research distinctively, bothconventional and looking in to heat pumps and GT.

1983 Friedrich GeoThermal still running too.
    RHEEM 1977 "ya need to replace" by other techs. sorry to say I think; but a can of stop leak in 4-REAL-ton unit, and a boosted blower brought all to near state of the art efficiency...
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123