Replacing compressor gsx1330

I haveto replac a 3yr old compressor due to bad valves. This is on a goodman gsx1330. As you may know there is a liquid line filter drier next to the compressor. Along with the liquid drier would you add a suction line drier?

I replace the liquid line drier every time the system is opened. A suction line drier is installed when I find a bad burn out on a compressor. What caused the valves to be faulty ?

Not sure. The customer called because of a loud noise outside. Both pressures read the same while the comp was running. He said it like that for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    Not sure. The customer called because of a loud noise outside. Both pressures read the same while the comp was running. He said it like that for a day.
    I'm very confused..."a liquid line drier next to the compressor" ???
    You sure that's not a muffler.
    Loud noise... valves gone?
    Usually dead quiet with no valves.
    Don't know the gtx 1330 compressor but sure sounds like an internal hi-pressure bypass sounding off.

I would cut out the dryer in the condensing unit and replace it with a piece of pipe. Then I would install a dryer on the liquid line outside the unit. I dont see the need for a suction line dryer over bad valves.