Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

People never cease to amaze me

Time to sterilize the stupid. I'm sitting in the waiting room at the doctor today. The office is located in a near west suburb of Chicago which is predominantly black. There is a white woman in maybe her early 20's with a mixed race kid, maybe 3 years old sitting next to me. The kid is hanging on my leg while she is on the phone. About 20 minutes later she gets up and walks up to the receptionist and asks "How much longer is this going to be? I have an infant in the car." The girl replies "You have a couple people ahead of you, so about 20 minutes." to which she replies "I have an infant in the car. You can't get me in any sooner?" and the receptionist says "No" and the woman walks out the door. Mind you it's 85* and not a cloud in the sky today. If that wasn't enough, a guy answers his phone. Must have been his Boo on the other end. He asks her if she's naked and starts talking dirty to her up until his name was called, by the nurse, to be seen. What the hell is wrong with people?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Nobody's child is touching me regardless of race, color, creed or who they voted for on The Voice. If hear a parent admit they left and infant locked in a car, regardless of temperature/ conditions, I'm dialing 911 on the spot. I'll gladly lose my spot in line to meet with the cops. If she tries to drive off, I'd be there taking pics of the child in the car alone, her car tag, her and the brat so I have proof for when the cops come. If the cops took too long to show up, I'd forward the pics to the local TV station so the Dept. Social Services could intervene and possibly remove the kids from that rodent.

Pull the chain and flush...

Doesn't matter the race but there are a couple races that are more apt to do this....just saying.

The lady was probably lying. The dude thought he was the shiznit cuz he had a biatch on the side.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Nobody's child is touching me regardless of race, color, creed or who they voted for on The Voice. If hear a parent admit they left and infant locked in a car, regardless of temperature/ conditions, I'm dialing 911 on the spot. I'll gladly lose my spot in line to meet with the cops. If she tries to drive off, I'd be there taking pics of the child in the car alone, her car tag, her and the brat so I have proof for when the cops come. If the cops took too long to show up, I'd forward the pics to the local TV station so the Dept. Social Services could intervene and possibly remove the kids from that rodent.

Pull the chain and flush...
    Why would you call 911 and possibly waist their time before checking to see if she is lying or if the infant is with a parent or guardian?

IMO too many people use 911 as just another free government service while trying to be a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Why would you call 911 and possibly waist their time before checking to see if she is lying or if the infant is with a parent or guardian?

IMO too many people use 911 as just another free government service while trying to be a hero.
    Well Scooter, I guess I didn't explain how I operate but having been in emergency services for a number of years, I am happy to standby at the scene and wait on the LEOs. Yes, little Brian, i would go outside and call 911 upon spotting the child in the car. That's why I said I'd be out there taking pics. Go back to sleep with your GI Joe and your bag of Skittles.

Well Scooter, I guess I didn't explain how I operate but having been in emergency services for a number of years, I am happy to standby at the scene and wait on the LEOs. Yes, little Brian, i would go outside and call 911 upon spotting the child in the car. That's why I said I'd be out there taking pics. Go back to sleep with your GI Joe and your bag of Skittles.
    Dang. Ruffled some feathers there, eh?

I wouldn't have let the kid touch me. Never. Ever.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

If hear a parent admit they left and infant locked in a car, regardless of temperature/ conditions, I'm dialing 911 on the spot.
    How quickly people forget what they say just to CYA.

You also embellished the original statement of "I have an infant in the car" to "I have an infant locked in the car". There is a big difference.

Have you ever been out with an infant before? Her impatience could have been very justified.

Go try to be a hero somewhere else with your free, socialized government services. But I can understand how a Paramedic could forget who pays his fat salary and pension.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    How quickly people forget what they say just to CYA.

You also embellished the original statement of "I have an infant in the car" to "I have an infant locked in the car". There is a big difference.

Have you ever been out with an infant before? Her impatience could have been very justified.

Go try to be a hero somewhere else with your free, socialized government services. But I can understand how a Paramedic could forget who pays his fat salary and pension.

Locked or not, a generally frowned upon practice. Really?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

I know I'm amazing. Thank you very much.

How would you all keep the kid from touching you ???

Run away shrieking in terror......

Put your big foot out and kick the scrog away from you ???

Im just wondering.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Oh yes they call him the shriek.......woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Locked or not, a generally frowned upon practice.
    Not so! There is nothing wrong with leaving an infant in a car with a parent. It could have been asleep, it could be a screamer, and you're toting less people into the waiting room.

If the kid was in the waiting room crying for twenty minutes Hearth would have been complaining about why she didn't leave the kid in the car. Maybe he would have called free 911 "on the spot" for disturbing the peace.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast