Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LG V-net

For the random switching of modes issue: the way the wall mounted controller (stat) works is, when you lose comm or the sys goes down, the stat will choose whatever mode it was running in upon fail (even if the stat was in auto). If it was running in Cool auto , it will power back up in cool only. Kind of corky, but that's the way it is.

hola a todos yo tengo el mismo problema con varias ACP de BACNET de LG se para la comunicación una vez cada semana los de LG dicen que no es problema suyo. las he actualizado y ahora lo hace una vez cada 15 días pero sigue el problema ¿alguien tiene noticias de esto?.
    hi all I have the same problem with several ACP BACNET LG is for communication once every week LG say it's not their problem. I have updated and now once every 15 days ago but still the problem does anyone have news about this?.

Gracias

Did you install a UPS back up power supply

If UPS and share with the BMS.
    The ACP BACNET LG works well, communication is the bacnet once every 15 days fails, I turn off and turn on and works again.

Si y comparte SAI con el BMS.
    La ACP BACNET LG funciona bien, es la comunicación por bacnet la que una vez cada 15 días falla, Apago y enciendo y vuelve a funcionar.

Get me the model of the Bacnet and version of software.

Can you get me the model number of the BAC net and the version of software it is running. Also have you confirmed that the UPS actually works?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel busca View Post
    If UPS and share with the BMS.
    The ACP BACNET LG works well, communication is the bacnet once every 15 days fails, I turn off and turn on and works again.

Si y comparte SAI con el BMS.
    La ACP BACNET LG funciona bien, es la comunicación por bacnet la que una vez cada 15 días falla, Apago y enciendo y vuelve a funcionar.

Maybe it’s me, but I really get steamed when told I should add an UPS to any controller.

IMHO this is an admission that the controller is poorly designed and cannot handle power issues that are typical just about everywhere at some point. Why is it my $12 alarm clock can handle power issues without problem, yet a controller that costs 10x, 20x ,30x cannot? The vast majority of electronic devices do not have a UPS, nor do they need it. This is simply a way for an OEM to pass the cost of their piss poor design onto the integrator and end users.

What happens if the power is out longer than the UPS can last? Seems like a complete bandaid to me.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Maybe it’s me, but I really get steamed when told I should add an UPS to any controller.

IMHO this is an admission that the controller is poorly designed and cannot handle power issues that are typical just about everywhere at some point. Why is it my $12 alarm clock can handle power issues without problem, yet a controller that costs 10x, 20x ,30x cannot? The vast majority of electronic devices do not have a UPS, nor do they need it. This is simply a way for an OEM to pass the cost of their piss poor design onto the integrator and end users.

What happens if the power is out longer than the UPS can last? Seems like a complete bandaid to me.

+ 1
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

I agree

I agree with you. I am just telling him what they told me. And I am willing to bet it's a software issue. That's what fixed ours.

Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12