Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LG V-net

LG V-net

Anyone have experience with LG's version of the VRF systems? Looking for input on the LON or BACnet interface. Manual is not very clear.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

What do you want to know?

Does it work? Does one work better than the other for the interface? Will control of set points and scheduling be available or is it more of a monitor only interface?

They work. I would take the BACnet over Lon. More functionality, more capacity, and less issues. They are both monitoring and control. You can see the points lists here:

http://www.lg-vrf.com/technical-lite...ry=Integration Solutions&product=&modelProduct=&rnd=1373572532889

Pres

Thanks El Presidente!

You're welcome! Let me know if you need anything else.

Pres

Something good to know about the BACnet gateway though is that certain SW versions only work with certain BACnet manufacturers. ie Delta works with 1.30.x, Reliable with 2.00.1d
    Follow me @blankscole

Has anyone had issues with having to cycle power to the LG Bacnet Gateway once a week? I am experiencing this at multiple locations.

I am still having issues with the LG and a JACE front-end. The LG seems to "jump" modes randomly and lock out some room sensors but not others. Waiting to hear from LG.

If I reboot the JACE, everything works for awhile...

Waiting to hear from LG...does that mean the 1-888# or one of their field start up guys? My resources are limited and if I get a response it's "sorry cant help".

I posted this in another thread:
    I have encountered a slightly different problem with the gateways. We have them installed at multiple sites using a patch cable ( Bacnet IP) directly to the JACE or to the JACE via switch. Everything is within 4ft if not in the same enclosure. All customers have reported that they have to cycle power to the Bacnet gateway for it to restore comm with the JACE at least once a week. We have the JACE, gateway, AC Smart all on an APC UPS 350 (or bigger) battery backup.

Basically same set up here. Field start up guy is working the issue.

Make sure your gateway has the latest ver of software. We had the same problems for months. The upgrade works

For the random switching of modes issue: the way the wall mounted controller (stat) works is, when you lose comm or the sys goes down, the stat will choose whatever mode it was running in upon fail (even if the stat was in auto). If it was running in. Cool auto , it will power back up in cool. Kind of corky, but that's the way it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast