Good training courses/places for chillers?

So i have mainly been doing controls/programming for a few years now. I am going to be moving around quite a bit and have not had much experience on chillers. I can pretty much take any course anywhere I would want to in the USA and my company would pay for it. Do you guys know of any good ones that are a few days long at least? Preferably 5?

Thanks!

Most of the manufacturers have pretty good classes but they are only in their stuff. If you work on 1 brand more often, then look there first. If you work on everything , then you may want a generic class.

So let me get this straight, your a control man and think that a 5 day class will do it. I hope your going to stay at a Holiday Inn for some extra magical powers. I like the confidence, but it takes years to get good at this, and for the customers to gain faith in you to turn over the keys to the car.
    Maybe I'm taking this wrong, do you just want the basics and to continue being a control man; just a better control man?

Just wondering

have any of u guys been to tranes chiller school...if so are the classes any good...been wanting to go for awhile now but need to convince the boss to send me.

Trane RTAC class is a very good class.

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    So let me get this straight, your a control man and think that a 5 day class will do it. I hope your going to stay at a Holiday Inn for some extra magical powers. I like the confidence, but it takes years to get good at this, and for the customers to gain faith in you to turn over the keys to the car.
    Maybe I'm taking this wrong, do you just want the basics and to continue being a control man; just a better control man?

Just wondering
    I would argue that it would be less of a stretch for someone vested in controls to shift into mechanical, provided the motivation is there... along with some mechanical aptitude...and a strong back.

http://www.entechsales.com/services/training-classes/

SW:
    seeing your "pulsing" Q's A's,
    Hah!
    Whatever you learn , tell us right a way; as s2sam and ddc guy share what you obviously can handle.

you may need only 3.14159265358 days !

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    So i have mainly been doing controls/programming for a few years now. I am going to be moving around quite a bit and have not had much experience on chillers. .......good ones that are a few days long at least? Preferably 5?

Thanks!
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

Quote Originally Posted by philbilly88 View Post
    have any of u guys been to tranes chiller school...if so are the classes any good...been wanting to go for awhile now but need to convince the boss to send me.
    Go if you can, Dave is the man. I guarantee you'll learn something.

Recently took the Centravac teardown class with Dave. I was blown away with his knowledge.
    Chaos equals cash$$$