Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    ...guy with nate stays...
    Hey if your makin' silver jewelry,and layering pices for that classy belt buckle with raised design on a back plate:
    Use the high temp first to flow at a lower-temp-flow rate rod, later, so your buckle gets done faster!

rem: late MLRowe, Cinti OH, -70's who grad Harvard at 44yrs old (SmCmLd), taught us with using a single #5 acetylene-only torch (non-turbo) .
    She led the 7th graders making 6 WORKING 300 rpm steam-engine pop-can paddle-boats - in 2 days, I had the privilege to assist; and see some Dad's scoff to get their boy out Sat afternoon quickly .. and others praise the kid's gains.

oh well, it helps me when on the small stuff at a 'T' to grab my last brazing with the lower temp flow rod... and only if I want to picky-une it anyways- while not supporting something that might tear away when heated, if it were a same temp flow rate...
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Funny thing.... Who cares? Is that info ever going to help you in the field?
    +1 +2 +3 +4 +5
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

How much torque does it take to set a 1/4" sheet metal screw?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    let the installers worry about that. How about this way question. A temperature control is a what kind if switch? What pole and throw is it? Or very easy question or what is the effect of low and high voltage beyond the prescribed limits on a single phase hermetic compressers.

one impact

Quote Originally Posted by jacob-k View Post
    one impact
    Haha, exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    flow and melting? Thought they meant the same thing. Question was at what temp does silver alloy begin to FLOW. I said 1,100-1300 between those temp. Correct answer was 1,400-1600. Is this correct or was the teacher wrong.
    I was always told 1500deg

Correct was 1100-1300

About that much...

When the small impact starts to click, let go of the trigger...

That is, except if it is a goodman cabinet... If it is a goodman... you have already stripped it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

what impact are you uzin?

the new overseas screws take more than a click to get set , from my suppliers (!)
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

Would depend upon on the gauge of metal.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Funny thing.... Who cares? Is that info ever going to help you in the field?
    I'm sure someone can come up with some ridiculous situation in which it would, but the fact is, it doesn't mean anything...
    If you were a commercial plumber pipe fitter, welding oxygen lines and such, maybe it might be useful knowledge, but in routine HVAC, not so much. If instructors would focus on real world skills, there would be much better technicians in the field today...
    Just my 2˘...
    It is a funny thing if you look at the OP's response. He as well as many others do, that "melting and flow" are the same. I did not write the question, but I believe the point of it is to show the technician that even though the product is melting at the joint that it is still not flowing. How many brazing joints have you seen that look like chicken poop globules all over the outside of the fitting only to take it apart and nothing inside?

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    It is a funny thing if you look at the OP's response. He as well as many others do, that "melting and flow" are the same. I did not write the question, but I believe the point of it is to show the technician that even though the product is melting at the joint that it is still not flowing. How many brazing joints have you seen that look like chicken poop globules all over the outside of the fitting only to take it apart and nothing inside?
    Hey that's what I said

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast