trane heat pump - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trane heat pump

thanks. i ordered a powerhead today, and also a complete valve from trane just in case. i'll try powerhead only first and pray- valve will be probablly the worst i have ever done easily if it comes to that.

Not sure about the model you are working on, but have ordered the txv with distributor already brazed on in the past from Trane. Depending on access this can be easier.

Alternatively, braze a short piece of copper pipe onto txv in a convenient location, then pipe onto brass distributor. Would still wet wrap the txv with this method.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    thanks. i ordered a powerhead today, and also a complete valve from trane just in case. i'll try powerhead only first and pray- valve will be probablly the worst i have ever done easily if it comes to that.
    Welcome to the world of refrigeration! Sucks, don't it?

sometimes... ya trane said it's available with distibutor-in 16-20 business days. of course not an option. the unit has 18 inches above it,on your knees you cant even straighten your back up. they said the old company refused to work on these anymore because of access.

this does explain why old compressor failed. cycled on lp switch and overload until failing due to 0psi suction coming back. makes sense noow

installed new powerhead only today and it worked. rsd had the powerhead. trane will say you have to do a whole valve, cant do just head. you can for anyone interested..

By default, Trane will say "you can't" a lot of times.

I can and do many times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12