Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coldtech parts

I replaced the compressor and cap tube a few months ago. Now the leak haven't found it yet. I did pull an evap coil off an old Jimex, probably that leaks but haven't had time to test it. Got to check my Ram no 6 misfire, couldn't happen at a better time.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHVAC View Post
    Atlanta GA. Sorry, I have to update my profile, haven't had much time lately. I'm kind of afraid to touch this evap for fear of making it worse. Right now its leaking at a rate of less than 1/4 oz a month. This is a 3 door prep unit and the evap runs almost the entire length of the unit with 6 fans. Although I haven't measured it, it's about 4"x4" square and approx 4'-5' in length. As cheap as these units are, I'm wondering whether replacing the evap would be cost effective. But on the other hand, I have already replaced a $270.00 condensing unit on it about 6 months ago. When I first got to the unit the compressor was locked up and the system was flat. I found a leak at the liquid line at the evap and 2 fans dead. After changing cond unit, filter, cap tube, and 2 fans plus repairing the liquid line, I got her up and running, THEN the evap leak shows its ugly little head.

Ok can't fix leaky evap. Going to put an after market reach in evaporator in the unit.
    Question if I change it to a tx valve can I just add a small coil of tubing to act as a reciecer tank? Don't know it I can still use the cap tube.

What no one has any ideas???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12