Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coldtech parts

Coldtech parts

Anybody having problems getting coldtech (Jimex/Ascend) parts?
    http://acfwb.com/

"The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today"

I have had total trouble getting parts from Koldtech. My advise is to say, "you bought the cheapest POS on the internet, now you are realizing the true cost of your purchase".
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Refrigeration Hardware can have an evap made. Many $$. Might try to put a Trenton evap in it. I have put them in Bev Airs before.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Refrigeration Hardware can have an evap made. Many $$. Might try to put a Trenton evap in it. I have put them in Bev Airs before.
    Yeah, I got one customer that needs a evap, I quoted replacing the whole fan coil assembly(after market) and line set. The other customer just needs a condenser fan motor, I guess we're going to try and install a 9watt with a different bracket or something.

I do agree, you get what you paid for.

I bought a 1/4 hp condensing unit last week. The condenser motor looked a lot like the Jimex I paid a whole bunch for a year or so ago. Customer is replacing unit soon. Used fan then low miles, only had to work in 125* kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    Yeah, I got one customer that needs a evap, I quoted replacing the whole fan coil assembly(after market) and line set. The other customer just needs a condenser fan motor, I guess we're going to try and install a 9watt with a different bracket or something.

I do agree, you get what you paid for.

Guy has replaced Jimex. He will sell cond motor. Could be shipped out first of week if interested. I am going after evap coil today, so let me know ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Guy has replaced Jimex. He will sell cond motor. Could be shipped out first of week if interested. I am going after evap coil today, so let me know ASAP.
    Do you know the model # of the cooler? The motor I'm looking for has "GSP-8420 YS16" Listed on it, as well as 115 volt, .52 amps, Geo San Co.. Supposedly, the part # is 121-2205

Number on motor M4Q045-CA27-04
    3 wires brn blu grn/yel
    115V 60hz 3.4/9 watts
    it is on a 1/4 hp condenser
    It also looks a lot like the new 1/4 hp condenser I just installed.
    Jimex JPP-6809
    hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    Do you know the model # of the cooler? The motor I'm looking for has "GSP-8420 YS16" Listed on it, as well as 115 volt, .52 amps, Geo San Co.. Supposedly, the part # is 121-2205

I have one right now, a 3 door prep table that I just put a condensing unit in and found a very small leak in the evap. Dont know how old the unit is or even the model number. (Sticker unreadable) Would love to be able to find parts.

Probably model number wouldn't help. Can you patch it ? Heat stick ? I am having the exact same problem, replaced compressor installed by others, changed cap tube. Everything was perfect now it is leaking. Haven't been able to get at the evap, but had model number, called refrigeration hardware and they don't think they have it. They want me to measure it and look in the online catalog. If they don't have it they can make one. Wouldn't quote a price but big bucks. Thinking thin line Trenton evap probably mounted on the back of the box, maybe with a receiver and tx valve. Trouble is waiting for a check from customer. Not going to do to much just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHVAC View Post
    I have one right now, a 3 door prep table that I just put a condensing unit in and found a very small leak in the evap. Dont know how old the unit is or even the model number. (Sticker unreadable) Would love to be able to find parts.

Hey Ryan where are you located ?

Atlanta GA. Sorry, I have to update my profile, haven't had much time lately. I'm kind of afraid to touch this evap for fear of making it worse. Right now its leaking at a rate of less than 1/4 oz a month. This is a 3 door prep unit and the evap runs almost the entire length of the unit with 6 fans. Although I haven't measured it, it's about 4"x4" square and approx 4'-5' in length. As cheap as these units are, I'm wondering whether replacing the evap would be cost effective. But on the other hand, I have already replaced a $270.00 condensing unit on it about 6 months ago. When I first got to the unit the compressor was locked up and the system was flat. I found a leak at the liquid line at the evap and 2 fans dead. After changing cond unit, filter, cap tube, and 2 fans plus repairing the liquid line, I got her up and running, THEN the evap leak shows its ugly little head.

I had one of my techs pull a fan bracket off of a old cooler and installed it on this cooler yesterday. I'm going by there today and work on something else. I'll try and take a quick pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast