Thread: Advice

Advice

I have had 2 interviews today, both offered me a job at different rates and benefits.
    Job 1 - NW Restaurant Services doing HVAC/R, electrical, fryers, grills, and shake machines at $25 per hour, no benefits, company van, and work towards my 01 Journeyman's license.
    Job 2 - MM Comfort Solutions doing HVAC/R work, at $18 per hour, benefits, company van, and work towards my 06a Journeyman's license.

01 is the highest electrical license that you can get in Washington State, which means you can install and service any thing electrical.

What are the benefits in J#2?

Advice

Medical, dental, vision and 401k for retirement

80/20? $2K Ded.? Family? What contribution? What's your cost for the bennies?

They said full company paid benefits

So you're off the hook for partial premiums. What's the coverage on the Medical, 80% or 90%? Co-Pays? Deductibles? What I'm asking is $7/Hr less doable for you?

What does no benefits mean? Full benefits usually means as stated above. 80/20 with copays is the norm. But you also get workmans comp, disability and sometimes life insurance. Which I think is worth the 7 an hour. If no benies does this mean you are paid like a sup or do they carry Insurance for you and your tools? These are important questions. I think you better have a better understanding before you pick one. Good luck.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

As others said find out exactly what the benefits are. They could be crappy medical coverage with high co pays and deductibles, company match on 401k , if so what percentage of what you contribute? Job 1 I would leary that they offer no benefits, McDonald's offers benefits of some sort.