• Not Guilty

19 65.52%
  • Guilty as charged

4 13.79%
  • don't really care

6 20.69%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Here is what needs to happen:

Zimmy needs to walk free and clear, have all of his legal expenses paid for by Obama, and be given a civil service award. He should also be awarded a large sum of money by the liberal media for their lies and deception.

Robo needs a tattoo of Trebone.

The Civil Service School of Zimmy should be established...paid for Once again by the purveyors of lies and deception...Obama, Jesse Jackson, and the liberal media.

Michelle Obama shall provide freshly baked cookies and milk to the house of Zimmy on a weekly basis.

The Obama offspring shall provide the Zimmy family free yard maintenance until further notice.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Here is what needs to happen:

Zimmy needs to walk free and clear, have all of his legal expenses paid for by Obama, and be given a civil service award. He should also be awarded a large sum of money by the liberal media for their lies and deception.

Robo needs a tattoo of Trebone.

The Civil Service School of Zimmy should be established...paid for Once again by the purveyors of lies and deception...Obama, Jesse Jackson, and the liberal media.

Michelle Obama shall provide freshly baked cookies and milk to the house of Zimmy on a weekly basis.

The Obama offspring shall provide the Zimmy family free yard maintenance until further notice.
    I'll second that. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

The thing that I've noticed most about the trial that everybody was waiting to see, is that it didn't really matter to most people. Those that thought Zim had the right to shoot Martin still think it and those that thought he didn't likewise.

I see two basic belief systems at play. One, is that Zim was within his rights to follow any one he wanted to, and if he was then attacked for doing it, he had the right to defend himself by any means necessary.

The other view point is that Zim racially profiled Martin, then against 911 advise and protocol, stalked and killed an unarmed teen who apparently was doing nothing wrong. Most of the posters on ARP are white and they have not experienced what its like to be "profiled". That is something that bothers black people a lot and has been challenged in courts in recent times. They dont want to feel that they cant walk home just because they are black. Thats whats at the crux of this case for them and others that sympathize with them.

Considering the evidence, I dont see how they can convict him. But Ultimately, it will come down to what six people think, or more likely thought all along.

This trial is a carnival designed to get the heat off the judge and police--it was NEVER intended to seek justice, resolve the issue of CCW or SYG laws or any of that. It is about getting this judge and the cops off the hook. They have steered this whole case so it will fail. If the jury goes against the evidence and convicts, they are off the hook. When it gets tossed out on appeal, they are still off the hook. It's all a rigged game.

BTW, your tax dollars were used to help set up the protests. It is a little known section of the gubbermint to address civil rights. Apparently, not hispanic rights.

You will not see condemnation of these Tweets, which should land these idiiots in jail for:
    -terroristic threats
    -criminal conspiracy
    -reckless endangerment
    -racketeering

Yep, I'm sure if Obama had a son, he'd be just like Trayvon...
    Last edited by hearthman; 07-11-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    we've been seeing this for years now. It really needs to stop!
    reversed racism.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Hopefully the decision of SCOTUS concerning overseeing voting in specific states is the first step away from the federal govt acting in a paternal way to control racial equality.

The thought behind the SCOTUS decision (according to an article I read in 'The Economist') was/is: For decades we have given special advantage to minorities who were discriminated against... it is time for each race to walk on their own too feet.

GA's opinion: The civil rights act of 1964 says we all are to be color-blind... time we start acting as though this is true (and replace any and all polecats who do not think, behave, and talk as though they believe this).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    The thing that I've noticed most about the trial that everybody was waiting to see, is that it didn't really matter to most people. Those that thought Zim had the right to shoot Martin still think it and those that thought he didn't likewise.

I see two basic belief systems at play. One, is that Zim was within his rights to follow any one he wanted to, and if he was then attacked for doing it, he had the right to defend himself by any means necessary.

The other view point is that Zim racially profiled Martin, then against 911 advise and protocol, stalked and killed an unarmed teen who apparently was doing nothing wrong. Most of the posters on ARP are white and they have not experienced what its like to be "profiled". That is something that bothers black people a lot and has been challenged in courts in recent times. They dont want to feel that they cant walk home just because they are black. Thats whats at the crux of this case for them and others that sympathize with them.

Considering the evidence, I dont see how they can convict him. But Ultimately, it will come down to what six people think, or more likely thought all along.
    Perhaps you have not lived in a large city guy...

Cops tend to profile based on the neighborhood, and they tend to harass based on the value of the vehicle you drive.

Cops profile because it supports their ego... and there is a lot more injustice done by the system than by private citizens.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

If police do profile, its for a reason....maybe the reason should be addressed?

The Israeli's profile all the time, especially at airports and border checkpoints...gee, I wonder why?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Many a time it is justified... yet when a cop harasses someone in a cheap car, then ignores someone in an expensive car... well that is not a correct use of profiling IMO.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Perhaps you have not lived in a large city guy...

Cops tend to profile based on the neighborhood, and they tend to harass based on the value of the vehicle you drive.

Cops profile because it supports their ego... and there is a lot more injustice done by the system than by private citizens.
    Born and raised in New York. So I've seen all sorts. Personally, I see merit in certain profiling. It plays the odds and helps direct at times limited resources. For instance, I'd rather see the two middles eastern guys with turbines frisked at the airport then the little old lady. But if I was a law abiding black guy that it seemed was always being followed by the police or had to worry about being shot by guys like Zim, I might be pissed and see things differently. How about you?

Disagree John, if you are driving a "Canadian" car through an a very expensive neighborhood at 1:00am they should check you out and don't bother the Benz. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Born and raised in New York. So I've seen all sorts. Personally, I see merit in certain profiling. It plays the odds and helps direct at times limited resources. For instance, I'd rather see the two middles eastern guys with turbines frisked at the airport then the little old lady. But if I was a law abiding black guy that it seemed was always being followed by the police or had to worry about being shot by guys like Zim, I might be pissed and see things differently. How about you?
    If one lived in NYC (not just the state), then I believe one has experience with bad cops. My apologies for suggesting you did not understand... the times I have visited NYC I have seen lots of injustices.

When I lived in Houston TX back when, there was a cop (not white) who had an issue with whites... did the same things noted in your post. We learned to watch who was in the car and avoid them... one does not get a fair shake when a cop decides to harasses you. Thankfully, the bad cop chose to try to shake down a lawyer... learned a hard lesson (he is no longer a cop).

The issue IMO is attitude. Does a person believe they are part of a community, or do they believe they are a lone ranger (not the mythical lawman), and as such can do as they please? The former is good for everyone; the latter is not. IMO this attitude thing applies to BOTH LE types and citizens.

In the case of Trevvie and Zimbo; Trevvie needed to accept he was no better or worse than any other citizen and show some respect for his neighbors. In the case of Zimbo, he did what any person faced with fear for their life would do... defend themselves.

The situation could have come out different if Trevvie had bahaved in a manor showing respect, rather than confrontation. The difference between the two is maturity and common sense... something it appears few folks understand anymore.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Disagree John, if you are driving a "Canadian" car through an a very expensive neighborhood at 1:00am they should check you out and don't bother the Benz. Thank you very much
    Yeah, a Canadian car this far south would definitely be something different... I do not think I have seen one in a long time...

OTOH: Go over to the south side of I-85 off Jimmy Carter in an old vehicle... and see if you do not get harassed just for the sake of it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah, a Canadian car this far south would definitely be something different... I do not think I have seen one in a long time...

OTOH: Go over to the south side of I-85 off Jimmy Carter in an old vehicle... and see if you do not get harassed just for the sake of it...
    John a "Canadian" car is a code word for a car that looks like it is from the "hood". My son told me that when he was in the 82nd AB back in the 90's. I thought it was pretty funny since they have to be careful what they said. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast