View Poll Results: Zimmerman~~ how would you vote

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not Guilty

    19 65.52%
  • Guilty as charged

    4 13.79%
  • don't really care

    6 20.69%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 61
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,585
    THIS is what fuels it
    http://youtu.be/-rPO0QV97OI
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,395
    He is guilty of something. You cant stalk/harrass people and not expect them to get in your face. His being a chump led to a 17 year old kid loosing his temper, and getting killed. I know a lot of people that would react the same way if a big goofy guy was following them. I think zimbo was baiting him and when he got the reaction he was looking for he shot him. I cant understand how this is acceptable to so many people.

    I guess this is what the world is coming to. You cant punch a guy in the nose that deserves it, cause he may be a big bad gun toter.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,288
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    He is guilty of something. You cant stalk/harrass people and not expect them to get in your face. His being a chump led to a 17 year old kid loosing his temper, and getting killed. I know a lot of people that would react the same way if a big goofy guy was following them. I think zimbo was baiting him and when he got the reaction he was looking for he shot him. I cant understand how this is acceptable to so many people.

    I guess this is what the world is coming to. You cant punch a guy in the nose that deserves it, cause he may be a big bad gun toter.
    you haven't looked at any of the evidence or heard any of the testimony, have you. you're just going to spout off and think what you say is what you perceive as truth.

    THIS is why we have a legal system
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,175
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    He is guilty of something. You cant stalk/harrass people and not expect them to get in your face. His being a chump led to a 17 year old kid loosing his temper, and getting killed. I know a lot of people that would react the same way if a big goofy guy was following them. I think zimbo was baiting him and when he got the reaction he was looking for he shot him. I cant understand how this is acceptable to so many people.

    I guess this is what the world is coming to. You cant punch a guy in the nose that deserves it, cause he may be a big bad gun toter.
    So, let me get this straight: you believe it is justifiable for someone being followed to turn and confront the person following you but not just ask them why they are following you. No, you believe it is justifiable just to attack him by leading off with a punch to the nose. Yeah, that's really civil behavior. Don't have a civil conversation or run and get the heck out of there. Nope, just turn and pounce on him because after all there is no acceptable reason for a person to be following you, no matter how shady you look or act in the dark, in the rain. What is this world coming to when you can't punch a guy in the face when you don't like or trust them? I mean really? Sheesh!

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    So, let me get this straight: you believe it is justifiable for someone being followed to turn and confront the person following you but not just ask them why they are following you. No, you believe it is justifiable just to attack him by leading off with a punch to the nose. Yeah, that's really civil behavior. Don't have a civil conversation or run and get the heck out of there. Nope, just turn and pounce on him because after all there is no acceptable reason for a person to be following you, no matter how shady you look or act in the dark, in the rain. What is this world coming to when you can't punch a guy in the face when you don't like or trust them? I mean really? Sheesh!

    Its not an acceptable way to handle the situation. Its just not a big surprise that a 17 yo kid got pissed that a dude was stalking him and lost his temper. The big dufus was told to stop following him but he persisted and I beleive baited him into an altercation. I dont think he was getting beat up, just looking for a reason to shoot him.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zelienople, Pa
    Posts
    2,965
    I'd be willing to bet that the friend he was talking to on his phone, instead of dialing 911, was egging him on to put a beating on the "creepy ass cracker"...

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Its not an acceptable way to handle the situation. Its just not a big surprise that a 17 yo kid got pissed that a dude was stalking him and lost his temper. The big dufus was told to stop following him but he persisted and I beleive baited him into an altercation. I dont think he was getting beat up, just looking for a reason to shoot him.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,582
    Well hearth some folks think young Blacks should have special treatment. Doesn't matter if they are acting suspicious wearing a hoodie checking out apartments. You can't ask them anything unless they have already broken in or worse.

    Otherwise they have the right to attack you and kill you. Yeah special treatment. Thank you very much

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,026
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    THIS is what fuels it
    http://youtu.be/-rPO0QV97OI
    Perfectly correct.

    Obamja made it national, and quite officially racist.

    There were plenty of other 'lower tier' folks to blame.

    Obama owns it. Seems to me like a strange investment, I'll leave it at that for now.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  9. #35
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,288
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Its not an acceptable way to handle the situation. Its just not a big surprise that a 17 yo kid got pissed that a dude was stalking him and lost his temper. The big dufus was told to stop following him but he persisted and I beleive baited him into an altercation. I dont think he was getting beat up, just looking for a reason to shoot him.
    really? Did Zimmerman have a legal right to be in the neighborhood....yes.

    Did Martin have a legal right to be in the neighborhood....yes

    Is it legal to openly follow a person on a road you have a legal right to be on....yes.

    Is it legal to turn and confront a person following you....yes

    It is ILLEGAL to attack a person following you......yes


    Now the $64K question.....why did Martin attack Zimmerman?
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  10. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ripley, WV
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Its not an acceptable way to handle the situation. Its just not a big surprise that a 17 yo kid got pissed that a dude was stalking him and lost his temper. The big dufus was told to stop following him but he persisted and I beleive baited him into an altercation. I dont think he was getting beat up, just looking for a reason to shoot him.

    One thing in common that you pointed out in both posts: he lost his temper and entered into an ill advised fight. I'm not saying things ended ok by any stretch, but lets not forget there is the chance that the Victim started the altercation because he lost his head in the heat of the moment, not a racist "whitey" stalking his prey as it seems they want us to believe. At the same time Zimmerman could have broken off pursuit when dispatch told him to do so. Neither side is without fault and the result was tragic.
    Last edited by Rob_in_WV; 07-10-2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Adding more input

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    It does not matter if either party is black, white, hispanic, oriental, native american, middle-eastern, indian (opposite side of the world indian), or any other race... and it does not matter what age either of them are.

    What matters is every person alive has to operate a little common sense... or deal with the personal consequences of not making that choice.

    Respect for others and respect for authority are common sense. If folks get outside this common sense... they pay the consequences. That is just life.
    Folks who think they are special and different, and as such do not have to follow the rules... well it is all fun to talk about... until YOU are a victim of that attitude. Things change then.


    That video of BHO... IMO he needs to be arrested and prosecuted for contributing to civil dis-obedience. If I did that.... I would be locked up. We need a POTUS that understands they are under the same rules and laws us citizens are.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fremont, Indiana
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    Why does it all have to come back to race? I personally am sick of it. If a white person disagrees with a black persons opinion they are a racist, if a white kid and black kid get into a fight it was racially motivated and started by the white kid, if a group of blacks jump on a white guy, nothing comes of it, if its a group of whites on a black its a hate crime. This isn't a trial to find out if he is guilty or not, it's a witch hunt. IF he is found innocent blacks will riot blah, blah, blah BULLS**T is all it is.
    we've been seeing this for years now. It really needs to stop!
    reversed racism.

    sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,761
    yes.... both sides are probably guilty of making some wrong decisions......

    Martin has paid for his mistake with his life.....

    All folks want of Zimmerman is a few years.....

    He might as well pay for it in the safety of prison....... cause if he dont he is going to be hiding the rest of his life......

    Like some kind of scared animal...... moving from town to town......motel to motel.......sleeping in a corner with a gun all day and staying up all night...... waiting.....

    Id just stand up tomorrow.......tell the judge Ill take three years and be done with it.

    3 years would be enough time to master some subject......maybe even get a college degree..... his old lady can work a couple of jobs to save up for some plastic surgery when george leaves prison......and he can change his name and start a new life.... with a good education and some gumption he might be able to make something of himself.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event