29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not Guilty

19 65.52%
  • Guilty as charged

4 13.79%
  • don't really care

6 20.69%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not Guilty - The government decided to make this a racial matter, when it is not.

Keep in mind, this trial is not about what actually happened but whether or not the State met its burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimbo acted with a depraved mind. To me, the State has not come close to meeting its burden of proof and this should never have gone to trial based upon the smidgen of evidence presented. Moreover, what is missing that should be present had Zimbo acted in a depraved mindset is a set of actions to corroborate this. For instance, where is evidence of Zimbo making any sort of threats or statements during this case to the effect he was glad he killed Martin or something to the effect that "well, that's one that didn't get away", or some such chatter. Also, too, if Zimbo was depraved, I would have expected a lot more GSW's to Martin and not just one even if it did appear he immediately disabled his attack. When one person really wants to kill another, they usually pump a lot of rounds into the victim, often spraying the area in a rage. There were no other GSWs to the head or groin, which are typical rage wounds. If Zimbo intended to confront Martin, why did he allow Martin to get such a lead on him? When he saw the kid turn right down the sidewalk (towards Martin's home) Zimbo could have driven down the street to beat him to the other end of that alley, jump out and confront him there but he didn't. He delayed a bit then walked down the street, turned the corner and came up the sidewalk where Martin was waiting to confront him. Martin was on his way back to his car thinking he had lost the kid and was surprised when the kid came out at the intersection of the sidewalk just a hundred feet or so from where Zimbo was parked. He clearly didn't expect the kid to be back up at that end. I think there was some element to Zimbo also wanting to be seen by local residents as "doing his job" patrolling their area. This would, to me, be twofold: support Zimbo's ego as a wannabe and make him look good to the HOA as being active or thereby justifying his role as the NW leader. When there is a crime riddled area, people like to see cops patrolling. In the absence of cops, you take what you can get, e.g. The Guardian Angels in the NYC transit system. They are unarmed but fulfill a role reassuring the public *somebody* is looking out for them.

Zimbo's carrying a weapon was not the same as a LEO's because his was concealed. Patrol cops get great value from exposing their sidearm. He carried it appropriately, concealed not flashing it around like a cowbow. That brings up another point: there was no testimony of prior incidents of Zimbo whipping his gun out in a threatening manner as if to show someone he was an authority figure. He carried it discreetly without brandishing it, as anyone one else would legally do when it was carried for self defense. Where is all the internet surfing and blogging on Zimbo with him extolling the virtues of vigilantism, thinning out the herd of hoodlums or looking forward to bagging his first thug? Where is the evidence of his gun worship? Are there people who testified about his making up cutout targets in cardboard of punk kids wearing hoodies that he could practice shooting? (You know a guy tried to sell targets of Trayvon wearing a hoodie and he got CREAMED). Now, as to the racial component, Zimbo's past including his own ancestry would tend to show that is blatantly false to the point he has demonstrated a tendency to stand up for downtrodden blacks. Go fish.

This trial has been nothing but a reflection of the political travesty that is our government, the perverted bent of our news media, and the sad decay of our society. This judge is getting really nervous because she is being forced to rule on evidence that will tend to help the defense and she's under enormous pressure to steer this trial to a conviction. However, if she goes overboard and makes improper rulings on evidence, the case may be thrown out on appeal, which is always very embarrassing and injurious to a judge. The CSI's failed to process the scene properly because up until the 44th day after the attack, it did not look like Zimbo did anything wrong. There may or may not have been evidence, whether damming or exculpatory, that was missed by the CSI but that is now water under the bridge.

There is one final element to consider: Zimbo is the only living eye witness to ALL the events. His private discussions with the defense are used to tell them what actually happened but also to guide the defense. In other words, he can cut through the speculation of who was on top and tell his attorneys the exact sequence so they can then find the evidence or lack thereof to corroborate his story. Now, if you want to hang Zimbo, a good persecuting attorney will approach this case in the obverse and look at what Zimbo's defense is NOT saying because there is something to hide. The persecution, it would seem, failed on this point from my comfy perch. Then again, I'm not Perry Mason.

I didnt vote in jmacs stupid poll cause there were not enough choices.

I dont believe Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd degree murder the way he is charged but I would be agreeable with a charge of negligent homicide or something like that.

He very well may have been in fear of his life..... but there are things he could have done differently that would have not ended with the death of this teen.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I didnt vote in jmacs stupid poll cause there were not enough choices.

I dont believe Zimmerman is guilty of 2nd degree murder the way he is charged but I would be agreeable with a charge of negligent homicide or something like that.

He very well may have been in fear of his life..... but there are things he could have done differently that would have not ended with the death of this teen.

I could vote just dont care........ cause its really no skin off my back what happened to tray...and if zimmerman gets sentanced to some time..... its really not going to affect me in any way..... I suppose his cost of upkeep in prison strictly comes from florida taxes.... and as I dont know him..... I couldnt care less if he is innocent and gets a few years either. Might do him some good...

Just got to take sides on issues like this......and I took the teen kids side.......cause he didnt deserve to die for walking home in the rain.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

cut and dry until politics come into play...agreed

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Not guilty.

The Constitution gives one the right to self defense, in the amendments one has the right to have a firearm, and in Florida one has the right to 'stand their ground'.

Cut and dried to me... until politics gets into it.

Meanwhile... this is what goes on... which the media does not bother to cover:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....l-and-for-sale

Remember, it is your life that is no longer worth litigation. Do you really think the drug co's care?

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Not guilty.

The Constitution gives one the right to self defense...
    So if a bald-headed Latino followed a cute, young, white girl into a dark area late at night and she kicked him in the balls you would support him pulling out his gun and shooting her dead?

How about the same scenario but she went for her gun first and he beat her to the draw and shot her dead?

Being in fear for your life when you created the situation isn't the same as truly being in a fear for your life scenario.

Whoops...

Look who was spending TAX $$$'s to rile up the Zimm case in 2012:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/10/do...rman-protests/

How much of this does it take to get folks mad enough to demand these idiots be removed from office?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    So if a bald-headed Latino followed a cute, young, white girl into a dark area late at night and she kicked him in the balls you would support him pulling out his gun and shooting her dead?

How about the same scenario but she went for her gun first and he beat her to the draw and shot her dead?

Being in fear for your life when you created the situation isn't the same as truly being in a fear for your life scenario.

Any time you are where you have a right to be and are attacked and in fear of you life you have a right to defend yourself. AOJ is in play here.

A stands for ability Your attacker has the ability to cause great harm to you perhaps death
    O stands for opportunity Your attacker has the opportunity to kill or cause great bodily harm to you
    J stands for jeapordy You are in immedate jeapordy of great bodily harm or death

You have what is legally required for self defense.

Zimmerman had all three and he in my opinion with what we have gained from the trial thus far acted in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Any time you are where you have a right to be and are attacked and in fear of you life you have a right to defend yourself. AOJ is in play here.

A stands for ability Your attacker has the ability to cause great harm to you perhaps death
    O stands for opportunity Your attacker has the opportunity to kill or cause great bodily harm to you
    J stands for jeapordy You are in immedate jeapordy of great bodily harm or death

You have what is legally required for self defense.

Zimmerman had all three and he in my opinion with what we have gained from the trial thus far acted in self defense.
    It's way more complicated than 'AOJ'.

So in my example the cute, white girl would have to beat Zimmerman to the draw or be legally killed?

What does it matter that one is bald and the other is cute? What if a cute Latino followed an ugly chick, would that change the situation if it took place in Calif.? So, are you saying bald Latinos cannot follow cute chicks who are dumb enough to walk alone in the dark? Does the law require the bald Latino to call a cab or catch a bus instead?

If I'm following ANYBODY, first of all, it's not that I'm *following* them but headed in apparently the same direction. Now, if they get weird and choose to jump me, they had better be prepared to defend themselves because I will construe such actions as a direct threat upon my life. Now, for a girl, whether cute or ugly, chooses to turn around and kick a man in the groin, she is initiating an altercation. She has the option of crossing the street, ducking into a shop or neighbor's home, etc. It is very rare that people don't have a choice where to go. However, when a defender is backed into a position with nowhere to escape, Sun Tsu referred to this as "killing ground" because a defender will sell his life dearly. The classic example of this was the Battle of Cowpens, SC. on 17 Jan. 1781. From what the evidence suggests in this case, Zimbo was knocked down and pinned onto "killing ground" where he was fighting for his life. When you have someone on top of you beating you, you have few choices and only seconds to make them. It's not like an producer is going to yell "Cut!" and everyone gets up and shakes hands.

Why does it all have to come back to race? I personally am sick of it. If a white person disagrees with a black persons opinion they are a racist, if a white kid and black kid get into a fight it was racially motivated and started by the white kid, if a group of blacks jump on a white guy, nothing comes of it, if its a group of whites on a black its a hate crime. This isn't a trial to find out if he is guilty or not, it's a witch hunt. IF he is found innocent blacks will riot blah, blah, blah BULLS**T is all it is.

According to the Civil Rights act of 1964... we are supposed to be a color-blind society. It seems the folks we elect do not understand that... perhaps we need new folks in their place who DO.

And while we are at it... how about lets start a fund; say, around $5M. That should be enough to buy the legal expertise needed to put JJ and Sharpie in jail for the rest of their lives... they have broken soooo many laws it should not be hard to find one that would stick. I would gladly give a C note.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    Why does it all have to come back to race? I personally am sick of it. If a white person disagrees with a black persons opinion they are a racist, if a white kid and black kid get into a fight it was racially motivated and started by the white kid, if a group of blacks jump on a white guy, nothing comes of it, if its a group of whites on a black its a hate crime. This isn't a trial to find out if he is guilty or not, it's a witch hunt. IF he is found innocent blacks will riot blah, blah, blah BULLS**T is all it is.
    The attitudes of at least a portion of the black community were summed up quite clearly in the statements made by a group of African-Americans way back before Zimmerman was formally charged. They held a press conference and "demanded an arrest and a conviction". Not one word about truth, fair trial or justice.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast