Thread: CCW in IL

CCW in IL

It passed today

Conceal Carry passed the Governor's veto today.

the following are remarks from Governor Pat Quinn.

Today’s action by members of the General Assembly was extremely disappointing.

Following a weekend of horrific violence in Chicago in which at least 70 people were shot and 12 killed, this was the wrong move for public safety in Illinois.

Members of the Illinois House could not even manage to pass follow-up legislation that included a few of the critical changes that I outlined last week, such as improved mental health reporting and the duty to immediately inform law enforcement officers of the possession of a loaded concealed weapon.

Throughout the legislative session, I made clear that any concealed carry law must have common-sense standards. I pushed for a ban on assault weapons, limits on high-capacity ammunition magazines and local option for home-rule communities, among other reasonable restrictions. I met with legislators regularly and discussed these standards in my State of the State address and all across the state of Illinois.

Yet, despite my objections, members of the General Assembly surrendered to the National Rifle Association in the waning days of session and passed a flawed bill that allows people to carry guns in establishments that serve alcohol, and allows people to carry unlimited guns and unlimited high-capacity ammunition magazines.

In a supreme overreach, this bill even included the National Rifle Association’s trademark provision – a ban on future assault weapon bans in home-rule communities – which has nothing to do with the concealed carry of handguns.

Public safety should never be compromised or negotiated away.

It was wrong on May 31 and it’s wrong today.

We will keep fighting for these critical provisions that will save lives and establish a better, more responsible concealed carry law in Illinois.

Following a weekend of horrific violence in Chicago in which at least 70 people were shot and 12 killed, this was the wrong move for public safety in Illinois.
    He didn't mention how many were shot and killed by legal gun owners
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

This is worth noting!

What will be interesting and telling... statistics I am sure the left will try as hard as they can to spin, skew, and outright miss-represent... Will be how crime goes DOWN as the months and years go by with private citizens able to defend themselves. It will be a slow start... as it will take time to get the law into practice... then it will be time before folks get the permits... and massive numbers of folks are carrying. When that IS the case... crime will go WAAAY down. And the anti-gun crowd will have some more crow to eat... and if GA has anything to do with it... they will NOT be allowed any BBQ or catsup to wash it down.

I bet BHO is feeling a bit puny about now... his home-state just betrayed him in his quest to disarm America. Geees... a polecat without a state behind him... suites the Chicago gangsta wanna-bee punk about right.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Pat Quinn is as stupid as Andy Cuomo
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

GA, We still need to be concerned. Here's a bill from the senate back in March where they voted to uphold our 2nd amendment rights and prevent the U.S. from entering the UN Arms Trade Treaty. We were 4 votes away from losing. FOUR VOTES! http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00091

The problem is that, while IL instituted a CCW law, it is fairly certain that it will be nearly impossible to obtain a permit, essentially nullifying any benefits from the law.

The next step is to get the Second Amendment Foundation involved. They have been quite successful in knocking down laws which violate the spirit of the 2nd.

IMO folks who are serious about protecting gun rights... should support the Second Amendment Foundation; www.SAF.org
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14