Thread: Water pressure for whole house humidifer?

Post Likes

Water pressure for whole house humidifer?

Hi all,

My whole house humidifer seems to be wasting a lot of water. It seems to be either 'on or off' and not variable in terms of how much water is passed through it. It is a bypass humidifier that has a tap into the water line with an adjustable valve.

When the humidifier is turned on by my Infinity control, the drain connected to it drains quite a lot of water. I expect that some excess water will be collected, but it seems excessive.

Is this something that could be a result of too much water pressure? I was wondering if the valve should be looked at and turned a bit down so that less excess water passes through.

I would think in an ideal situation you would have most of the water being evaporated before reaching the drain, or am I wrong?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Post Likes
    It is possible that you're getting too much flow.Who is the manufacturer?
    Go RCR!

Post Likes
    Normal operation will drain a significant amount of water. The reason is to ensure enough water and also flush the water panel of minerals.

There is an orifice in most brands that restricts the water flow.

I personally recommend replacing the orifice annually along with the necessary water panel replacement.

Post Likes
    The water valve is full open during heating cycle and the water drain off is normal.
    Assuming a right sized furnace your humidity levels should be ok and the humidifier operation is normal

The water flow over media pad and out the drain hose disallows any germ build up and minimizes scale build up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in