Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are the 1250's better than the 900's

Just curious as to the general consensus.

I'd also like to know. I think I heard somewhere that the new stuff is being made in China, which would count me out for getting a new set if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    I'd also like to know. I think I heard somewhere that the new stuff is being made in China, which would count me out for getting a new set if it's true.
    Ak 900 is made overseas, but they did that to be cost competitive. It sucks that we have a Walmart society. I don't think the 1250s are available anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

I really was inquiring about the performance aspects

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    I really was inquiring about the performance aspects
    I never had 1250s so I can't comment on them. But the ak900s work well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

The price was cut over 1/2 from the 1250
    Thousands of guys who are now buying the AK who passed on the 1250, 1200 and even the 1600 must think it is "better"
    Some ways IMO they are better but I don't believe the AK was ever ment to be the Flagship like the 1250 was back in the day.

I own the 900 but not the 1250. From what I've seen the 900 has a couple extra features and all info is displayed at the same time where as you would need to cycle through some readings on 1250.

That leaves durability, 1250 is proven, 900's appear to be solid but are still newer so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I own the 900 but not the 1250. From what I've seen the 900 has a couple extra features and all info is displayed at the same time where as you would need to cycle through some readings on 1250.

That leaves durability, 1250 is proven, 900's appear to be solid but are still newer so we'll see.

strange, usually an upgrade=higher number

That's what you have to do (lower price) if you want to sell more product. I like seeing all info on one screen. I bet the board inside is still made the same place.

i mean model number higher, as the technology go's up..... price always comes down, as its wide spread, and manufacturing costs come down, due to manufacturing efficiency. (and sales)

Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    i mean model number higher, as the technology go's up..... price always comes down, as its wide spread, and manufacturing costs come down, due to manufacturing efficiency. (and sales)
    I don't know where the 900 came from, supposedly the ak stands for 'analog killer', the 1250 are better than the 1600 so I don't know what the deal is.

They moved production from Canada to ... Taiwan I believe, not sure. Dropped the cost significantly, Doug hasn't said if they are as tough as the 1250's or not but the set I have seems tough 'enough', rainstorms, drops, no ill effects yet.

hopefully by next year more ak feedback will come in and convince me to add them to my 1250 and 550 lineup as the 550s are not going to be used much next year as im starting to tire of all the issues with them..

i just got 557's last month and love them (you guys are scaring me!! LOL) i have sman3's as well and they have been swaped on warranty once for leaks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast