Emergency job over 4th of July

I received a call from an occasional customer on Monday 7/1 at 1:30 in the afternoon informing me that they had an underground leak in their condenser water piping inside their mechanical room. I went to the site at 7:00 AM the next day with a team to come up with a solution.

After looking at the options available for this plant the engineering team elected to utilize our offering to re-pipe the condenser water loop temporarily around the leak in the mechanical room.

Our crew worked around the clock until Sunday morning at about 2:00 AM. The mission was accomplished. During the first phase each chiller was brought on with no down time. The second phase required only minimal downtime which was coordinated with their manufacturing side.

They are currently running three 1300 T. York centrifugals with temporary condenser water supply through hoses. We also piped a fourth condenser water pump to supply their manufacturing side heat exchangers. The customer was extremely happy with the results.

Name:  IMG_0340.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  49.2 KBName:  IMG_0342.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  45.8 KBName:  IMG_0344.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  54.3 KBName:  IMG_0347.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  57.7 KBName:  IMG_0349.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  49.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by KnewYork; 07-09-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: orient pictures (ignore the sideways ones!)

Very nice. I'll bet that customer is also extremely happy to have people like ya'll they can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Very nice. I'll bet that customer is also extremely happy to have people like ya'll they can count on.
    We certainly hope so. I started the chillers in 2003 (or there about) and haven't had a whole lot of success getting them under contract with my current employer. Hopefully this will help with those negotiations.

I applaud your work! Doing residential primarily I often get set back when looking at pics of jobs like this. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    I applaud your work! Doing residential primarily I often get set back when looking at pics of jobs like this. Well done
    Thank you, but all I did was come up with the idea and convinced the customer it could be done. Our team of dedicated professionals gave up their holiday plans to work around the clock until the job was complete. They did everything I said they could do and more. They finished a full 24 hours ahead of our promises.

Beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by kdean1
    Beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done.
    Thank you!