Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Trane rooftop

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    toronto, canada

    Trane rooftop

    I heard some trane rooftop unit need special T-stat, otherwise may cause the unit to run heating and cooling at the same time. Any ideas? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    saginaw michigan
    Some trane units use a 5v dc t-stat (bay sens), but you can get an interface board to use a conventional t-stat.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mixing oil and fire with a big spoon.
    it would depend on the unit...some units use a special trane communicating t-stat. these units can be converted to a standard t-stat with the addition of a board. some units can use either one.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Middle of Florida
    Heat pumps are known for this, Carrier as well.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

  5. #5


    If you'r looking for a genric 0-10v ac controller try...
    Last edited by ch530king; 04-07-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: I like chesse, you like cheese?.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event