Lennox iHarmony Zoning - Dehumidify Fucntion?

Hi,

I'm looking at the Lennox iHarmony Zoning system. I currently have an SLP98V/XC17/iComfort Wifi setup. We very much like the dehumidification feature during the summer months (the thermostat slows the blower to dehumidify).

If we zone the house using the iHarmony system, will the dehumidification function still work? Can't get a straight answer from our Lennox dealer.

I don't see why it wouldn't. However, the airflow needs for zoning will likely superceed the dehumidification airflows until you're all zones are calling. Meaning that most of the time, it may likely be running at a reduced CFM anyway due to high static pressure.

Ok.. thanks for the reply, but I am looking for a definitive answer. Do you know for sure?

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-18-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Non Pro * member

padrino, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by tuffcalc View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking at the Lennox iHarmony Zoning system. I currently have an SLP98V/XC17/iComfort Wifi setup. We very much like the dehumidification feature during the summer months (the thermostat slows the blower to dehumidify).

If we zone the house using the iHarmony system, will the dehumidification function still work? Can't get a straight answer from our Lennox dealer.
    If I am not mistaken, XC17 is a single stage A/C. Thus, using I-harmony is not your best choice. In fact, it is a bad choice.

But to answer your question regarding to Dehum via I-harmony, then yes it can do it. Your main thermostat is the only one will monitor your humidity in your house. Thus, it is the only one will enable the dehum mode. Once it does, the harmony panel will open ALL dampers and runs the system in the dehum mode just like you are having right now.

Hope that answer your ?