York AC fan not spinning or spinning slow then stopping

Hello, I have a York Stellar Central AC unit. Yesterday I realized the fan stopped. I did some google'ing and thought it may be the capacitor. I took a look at the capacitor today. It was plastic rather than metal like I saw in online pics. No signs of bulging or leakage.

I put it all back together, fired it up and it worked just fine for 10 mins. Thenthe fan stopped again. I clicked it off and on. THe fan came on at about 50% power and then stopped and would not start again, even if it pushed it w/ a stick.

Any adivce on if it's the fan motor or is it something else.
    Last edited by Wally20; 07-08-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: kdean1 dropped the hammer on me

Evidently you missed the part on the sign up page that states NO DIY.
    So the answer is, no you can't do it yourself.

Evidently, I did miss that. Sorry, it's my first day here.

Stupid question removed. Do you think it's the fan motor? I'm not attempting this myself. Too hot to screw around with it for a few days!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally20 View Post
    Evidently, I did miss that. Sorry, it's my first day here.

Stupid question removed. Do you think it's the fan motor? I'm not attempting this myself. Too hot to screw around with it for a few days!
    Thank you for accepting my none too gentle rebuke.
    A qualified serviceman will be able to make that determination very quickly by testing the components without pushing it with a stick. I was taught that's not a good idea.
    He will also have a motor and matching capacitor to make the repairs, provided he confirms your diagnosis.