Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    office 64 for firearms rehap machine shop. I made it happen of course.

airport offices 68, and "still hot" ! and we 'moved' their heads out of the beam of overhead cutsie dutsie low volt high intensity 'mod=lite' system...

Showing a house on a 90+ day?--- 66*f shocks them into signing!

the 64* guy lives 62 in winter ~~~~ ! he just tolerates 64 the rest of the year.

Do these people own stock inthe local electric company?

My bills are pretty low considering a poor envelope and old flex. Keep mine at 72 If I did a duct blaster it would be atrocious!

It all depends on the system, but you can't get past the engineering and physics. 10 SEER and older equipment were typically designed to have an evaporator coil temp 35 degree colder than the air going across it. 68 degree return AT THE UNIT would equate to a 33 degree coil design temp. That doesn't account for the fudge factor of a few degrees either way, poor airflow, etc. 13 SEER and above normally have an evaporator coil temp 30 degrees colder than the entering air, so you have a little more leeway there.

This all of course depends on system installation. If all of the returns are on the floor, and maybe the home has a basement, then your coil entering air temp will be lower than the t-stat temp by a few degrees. Add in poor airflow, and you will have problems. System freezing, slugging liquid back to the compressor, shortened lifespan.

Hold ALT and hit the zero key

PHM
    ------
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Whaley View Post
    . . . tell me how to get the degree mark.... was it alt while typing?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Remind me again - how much did you say you weighed now? <g>

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    I'm at 68 now for sleeping. Sitting on the couch typing with no shirt and still a bit warm
    PHM
    --------

Hell; that sounds like a Dare to me! <g>

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by tangogreen View Post
    . . . you can't get past the engineering and physics . . .
    PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by tangogreen View Post
    It all depends on the system, but you can't get past the engineering and physics. 10 SEER and older equipment were typically designed to have an evaporator coil temp 35 degree colder than the air going across it. 68 degree return AT THE UNIT would equate to a 33 degree coil design temp. That doesn't account for the fudge factor of a few degrees either way, poor airflow, etc. 13 SEER and above normally have an evaporator coil temp 30 degrees colder than the entering air, so you have a little more leeway there.

This all of course depends on system installation. If all of the returns are on the floor, and maybe the home has a basement, then your coil entering air temp will be lower than the t-stat temp by a few degrees. Add in poor airflow, and you will have problems. System freezing, slugging liquid back to the compressor, shortened lifespan.
    Looks like about 70 before you start the risk of freezing up...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12