Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    223

    Setting t stat at 69 degrees

    I told customer setting the stat this low is not a practical set point.. Since these systems are not designed maintain that kind of indoor temp.. Due tightness of duct system and home..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    Was there a question in there somewhere?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cary NC
    Posts
    629
    A customer was griping that her t-stat was set to 69 and when she was cooking in her kitchen the temp would jump to like 72. HAH. This was a residence i think. Refer her to a refrigeration specialist me thinks. LOL Or she could invest in new windows with low e glass, double walls, attic and crawl encapsulation, or just a window unit in her kitchen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    3,124
    I run mine at 68 at night when I'm sleeping. It has no issues keeping temp.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

    The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

    Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cary NC
    Posts
    629
    If money was no object I would keep mine at 68. Someone tell me how to get the degree mark.... was it alt while typing?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Down by the river
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Whaley View Post
    A customer was griping that her t-stat was set to 69 and when she was cooking in her kitchen the temp would jump to like 72. HAH. This was a residence i think. Refer her to a refrigeration specialist me thinks. LOL Or she could invest in new windows with low e glass, double walls, attic and crawl encapsulation, or just a window unit in her kitchen.
    Sell he a hood to suck the hot air out instead of it filling up tje house. Then add some make up air to tje ac unit. I see dollar signs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    34,239
    I'm at 68 now for sleeping. Sitting on the couch typing with no shirt and still a bit warm

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    I'm at 68 now for sleeping. Sitting on the couch typing with no shirt and still a bit warm
    I'm typing with no pants! I win!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,852
    I was at a restaurant with an all female kitchen staff. Thermostat set for 62* actual temperature about 65*.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, Michigan 48813
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I was at a restaurant with an all female kitchen staff. Thermostat set for 62* actual temperature about 65*.
    If you asked them to live with 62° in the winter they'd form a lynch mob.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I was at a restaurant with an all female kitchen staff. Thermostat set for 62* actual temperature about 65*.
    Yikes. I showed up at one the other day where they said it was hot. I walked in and they said "SEE IT'S 70 IN HERE!!! I'M HAVING THE CHANGE OF LIFE AND I'M HOT!"

    Sorry lady....regulation says setpoint is 74...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    I run mine at 68 at night when I'm sleeping. It has no issues keeping temp.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    Same here...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    French Settlement, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    286
    I'm at 68 now but will drop to 66 when I go to bed. Stays in 70 all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event