Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 92 to 104 of 105
  1. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,506
    In my experience it primarily appears in the form of entropy.

    What's the prize?

    PHM
    -------




    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    Think of it this way as vapor is compressed work is done on the vapor increasing both the pressure and energy of the vapor. In other words its going to make everyone think here if you can answer it the energy added to the molecules of the vapor appears in what form. Latent heat,sensible,specific or superheat. Winner gets a prize
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  2. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    Think of it this way as vapor is compressed work is done on the vapor increasing both the pressure and energy of the vapor. In other words its going to make everyone think here if you can answer it the energy added to the molecules of the vapor appears in what form. Latent heat,sensible,specific or superheat. Winner gets a prize
    Sensible heat. Not latent because it's not changing state, not specific because that's just a measurement compared to water, and superheat is just a measurement, not an actual heat unit.

  3. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    In my experience it primarily appears in the form of entropy.

    What's the prize?

    PHM
    -------
    I'll go with that.

  4. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    There still is a pressure and temp with subcooling and superheat. I can razor the pressure and have high superheat or lower the pressure and have lower superheat. For every temp there is a pressure behind it
    Not in blend situations. For refrigerant blends with large glides, there can be a range of temps for a specific pressure.

  5. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    Not in blend situations. For refrigerant blends with large glides, there can be a range of temps for a specific pressure.
    A simple question has gone to 8 pages.

  6. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,506
    Well; it would be about like this:

    If the cap tube gets restricted, AND you are the first one on the scene following that event, you will find that three things are low and three things are high.

    Low:
    1. The suction pressure
    2. The refrigerating effect
    3. The head pressure

    High:
    1. Suction superheat
    2. Compressor temperature
    3. Conditioned space temperature

    On the other hand, if you are the second, third, or fifth person to get there you will not find many more low things but you may well find some more high things:

    Additional high things:
    1. Head pressure
    2. Subcooling
    3. The anger level of the owner

    Why do you want to know these things? Do you have a specific project presently under the knife?

    PHM
    -------




    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    Since one flows the other if cap tube is plugged would pressures be the same lower than normal on both sides or would you see something more like higher pressure on high side and lower than normal on lowside
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  7. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    180
    I know and I droped out after 5 pages:-)

  8. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Well; it would be about like this:

    If the cap tube gets restricted, AND you are the first one on the scene following that event, you will find that three things are low and three things are high.

    Low:
    1. The suction pressure
    2. The refrigerating effect
    3. The head pressure

    High:
    1. Suction superheat
    2. Compressor temperature
    3. Conditioned space temperature

    On the other hand, if you are the second, third, or fifth person to get there you will not find many more low things but you may well find some more high things:

    Additional high things:
    1. Head pressure
    2. Subcooling
    3. The anger level of the owner

    Why do you want to know these things? Do you have a specific project presently under the knife?

    PHM
    -------
    Best answer so far, this agrees with my experience. If the owner doesn't tell me that someone else worked on it and I find high SC and high head pressure I go ask him "has someone been working on this?" Owner; "umm, why do you ask? my brother(or friend or dad or neighbor or dog) is handy with stuff and said it was just low on freon"

  9. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Best answer so far, this agrees with my experience. If the owner doesn't tell me that someone else worked on it and I find high SC and high head pressure I go ask him "has someone been working on this?" Owner; "umm, why do you ask? my brother(or friend or dad or neighbor or dog) is handy with stuff and said it was just low on freon"
    That's a good example of how this is rarely, if ever, a perfect world, one where our theoretical ideas about the systems are borne out in fact.

    Sometimes, you can only see something that is vaguely the same shape as a condenser coil....
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  10. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NORTHERN
    Posts
    991
    2 points, and neither found in your poodle !


    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Then how do you explain superheat and subcooling?

    PHM
    ------
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

    http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

  11. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NORTHERN
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Best answer so far,"
    xactly mon palli !

    and too , yes superheat aint a heat unit unless yz get a media x temp to get a thing of heat, or two.

    3)
    just blew the cap tube of the poppa in law adding stop leak "oh I was careful,,...." (!)

    450 psi CO2 i use to blast cdrs-coils with
    ---(but I am careful to not bend fins after the first three or four are re-straightened...).
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

    http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

  12. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    14
    I fixed a beer cooler recently new compressor and cap tube everything looks normal except a 5psi suction pressure, using 134 a refrigerant, thermostat cut off system @ 36 f

  13. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by tech#1001 View Post
    I fixed a beer cooler recently new compressor and cap tube everything looks normal except a 5psi suction pressure, using 134 a refrigerant, thermostat cut off system @ 36 f
    Sounds great

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event