Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R600 and R600a Pressure temperature chart

Yes I am a newbe...so forgive me for what might seem a silly question

I have not been able to find a R600 and R600a PT chart or table.....
    I can find all the other commercial gases but not these 2....can anyone help me?

Thanks

Has anyone found a (non electronic) pt chart with the common residential gases including R600a??

Quote Originally Posted by brik32544 View Post
    Has anyone found a (non electronic) pt chart with the common residential gases including R600a??
    Do a google search for R600A pt chart. There are several available. Your refrigerant supplier would also carry them.

R-600 is not a common residential refrigerant. Its not a common cooling refrigerant at all. Thats why its hard to find a printed copy. The only place its found commonly is in refrigerators.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by JDenyer232 View Post
    Do a google search for R600A pt chart. There are several available. Your refrigerant supplier would also carry them.
    Believe me I have TRIED to find a proper PT chart which included R600, R600a and other refrigerants. I used Google and Bing, but with no real success.
    Actually there is one PT chart published by REFSPECS of NZ, however, it seems to be incorrect.

http://refspecs.co.nz/cms/uploads/fi...PT%20Chart.pdf

The values seem wrong ... can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by 5thRoot View Post
    R-600 is not a common residential refrigerant. Its not a common cooling refrigerant at all. Thats why its hard to find a printed copy. The only place its found commonly is in refrigerators.
    Yes you are right, it is only common in so far as it is used in modern fridges. Is it used in modern USA fridges? In Europe R600a fridges seem to be quite common, although there seems to be growing opposition since a fridge blew up in flames the UK after a gas leak combined with a short circuit. Damage is limited because it is illegal to have more than 150g (5.3 ounces ) of R600 or R600a in a fridge. The more common medium sized fridges contain around 55g (2 ounces), so it's damage potential is somewhat limited. A normal butane cartridge contains about 8 ounces.

Quote Originally Posted by brik32544 View Post
    Believe me I have TRIED to find a proper PT chart which included R600, R600a and other refrigerants. I used Google and Bing, but with no real success.
    Actually there is one PT chart published by REFSPECS of NZ, however, it seems to be incorrect.

http://refspecs.co.nz/cms/uploads/fi...PT%20Chart.pdf

The values seem wrong ... can anyone confirm this?
    What makes you think the chart is wrong, that chart is in kPa not PSI. That might be why it looks funky to you. Just a thought.

The reputable institution CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) has published a spreadsheet with comparison values for many refrigerants. Here is the link:

http://detector-cooling.web.cern.ch/...r.ptchart2.pdf

The CERN table for R134a at 10 Fahrenheit --> 11.9 PSIG This ties with all the PT charts I have seen (including the REFSPECS one).

Now look at the CERN table for
    R600a at 50 Fahrenheit (10C) --> 17.2 PSIG (118kPa) and the REFSPECS table for 50F (10C) --> 80 PSIG (552kPa)

One of the 2 itables s wrong and it's probably the REFSPECS one

statementsyou look at this document, the R134a and R22 values are very similar to

Brik, good eyes I totally missed that one.

Has anyone found a chart on the internet

yes the CERN table can't be carried to any job..... to take 2 readings it takes 5 minutes

It seems that in the US very few people use R600a, or maybe they only use it to heat their coffee....:munching

I wonder what the new US fridges use.....

I have Robinair equipment and their chart, like all the others I have seen, does not consider the flammable refrigerants R600 and R600a

Has anyone found a chart on the internet?

Here is a chart from Tecumseh, note that it is in PSIA and not PSIG. Add 14.7 to the pressures in the chart and it matches the CERN table.
    http://www.tecumseh.com/ta/canada/li...nd%20R290.ashx

Darn it, I meant subtract. The chart from Techumseh only lists temps at 10 degF intervals though, should be good enough to give you an idea of what the system is doing though.

Thank you JDenyer232.
    The Tecumseh chart, as you said is not for quick reference (it is much easier to use than the CERN one though) like the glossy pt charts we can get for the other refrigerants.
    I even looked on eBay and none of the charts there had the R600a.

I guess I will have to make do....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast