Trane's Comfort "R"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trane's Comfort "R"

What is Trane's comfort R(r)? What equipment is needed to take advantage of it, if it is an advantage.

aircoprecision

Quote Originally Posted by HPLearner View Post
    What is Trane's comfort R(r)? What equipment is needed to take advantage of it, if it is an advantage.
    comfort R is the enhanced mode setting of the variable speed air handler. the variable speed air handler can be used with most trane condensors and heat pumps but works exceptionally well with the xl16i and 19i.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Check out Infinity by Carrier,for superior dehumidification

Comfort-R controls the blower. Will start off very slow for a min to get the coil cold, then goes to about 80% speed, then after 10 min, then goes to full speed. It will work with any Trane outdoor unit. If you want a better humidity removal, best to have a TXV coil, and add the Honeywell IAQ t-stat or a basic humidistat to keep the blower running at a slower speed.

Looks like VS and a fancy stat is the way to go. Is the IAQ different from the TCON803 Trane stat?

The IAQ uses 3 wire from the furnace to the t-stat. IAQ will slow down the blower for dehumidify where the 803 only "Over Cool", and does not slow down the blower.

Also, if you put a heat pump on to a two stage gas heat, the IAQ still control the 2nd stage heat, where the 803 can't control the 2nd stage, have to use the timer on the board.

Thanks, that would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    The IAQ uses 3 wire from the furnace to the t-stat. IAQ will slow down the blower for dehumidify where the 803 only "Over Cool", and does not slow down the blower.

Also, if you put a heat pump on to a two stage gas heat, the IAQ still control the 2nd stage heat, where the 803 can't control the 2nd stage, have to use the timer on the board.
    If you only use the XL 16i heat pump for heating without gas backup, will the 803 control the two stage heat and auxillary heat strips correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by wscsteve View Post
    If you only use the XL 16i heat pump for heating without gas backup, will the 803 control the two stage heat and auxillary heat strips correctly?
    If the Aux is only a single stage then yes..

So no Trane model available, have to buy the Honeywell?
    Seems kind of over kill, but the humidity control ability sounds well worth it.

Is it true that this stat allows more temp variation than a regular electronic stat? Is that what's called "droop" ?

Honeywell make great t-stat, and I've been very pleased with mine, I think it's worth the money of what all the IAQ can do for you. On mine, I have it set up to control the fresh air damper, 2 stages of heat, humidifer, outdoor sensor for Frost Guard, and slow down the blower if humidity is too high in the summer (Dehumid Mode).

Honeywell uses CPH (Cycles per Hour) to control the temp, and does a good job, there is no temp swing in the home. There is a Droop in one of the set mode in Heat Pump only..

what does the "r" mean any way... that it is more relieable?. relaxing?.

Quote Originally Posted by ch530king View Post
    what does the "r" mean any way... that it is more relieable?. relaxing?.
    Honestly Mate, I don't know. :-) Relaxing sounds good to me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast