Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R410a system

Heat load can be crucial, for example I once owned a home that during 100 degree day would not cool below 82 degrees. I removed one rooftop gravity vent and installed a turbine, which will move 6 times more air than a gravity vent, and it changed my load so much, my condenser stopped running 100% and dropped my electric bill by $150 per month.

Hello... I'm using a slide-chart from PerryGraf it's the one I have been using for a couple of years. It has 3 degr for sub cooling and a 5 degr for superheat +_ had no problems with it.I have to say though I find that working with 410a in hot conditions dosnt seem to work as well as 22. Anyway I spoke to home owner today over the phone I could not get back over there she said it's better now then before I got there. I did pump it down blew nitrogen through both lines put vacuum On it and adjusted charge maybe I blew something out of lines I do not know? I'm going to put a attic fan in a see from there. It took a real long time to cool down house , and the problem is contractor put new system in oct very hard to explain you need a bigger system? I don't know if contractor did heat load count or not she did not know? I'm going to have to see how this one works out..... Service can be very frustrating at times I spent a long time over there I hope I can make it right!.... Thank you everyone for your help I appreciate all..... And yes I read every post!.....Thanks BB.

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Could you tell me where you got the superheat chart.
    What manufacturer?
    I'd like to put it up on my superheat page if I knew the manufacturer.
    http://www.oceanhvac.com/superheat/
    I took a photo off of the panel of my AC unit. It's a Thermalzone (Rebadged Rheem)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    I took a photo off of the panel of my AC unit. It's a Thermalzone (Rebadged Rheem)
    Thanks,

What I'm trying to do is get as many different manufacturers superheat charts as I can find and put the data on a web page. This way its easy to choose the manufacturer, put in the iwb - odb and get their required SH. So far the only ones I've found is Goodman, York and Carrier.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Thanks,

What I'm trying to do is get as many different manufacturers superheat charts as I can find and put the data on a web page. This way its easy to choose the manufacturer, put in the iwb - odb and get their required SH. So far the only ones I've found is Goodman, York and Carrier.
    Cool, do you have a link to the page yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    Cool, do you have a link to the page yet?
    I haven't put used your chart yet but here's the link;
    http://www.oceanhvac.com/superheat/
    You can also check out the link in my signature to access it and some other stuff.
    I'm building pages whenever I get an idea or learn something new that I think would be useful in the field.
    Gary
    -----------

Both Rheem and Goodman assume 50% relative humidity for their superheat charts.

Practically useless for my standards.

It's better than guessing if that's all you got.

"If perfection is your goal, you may end up with good enough, what might you end up with when good enough is your goal?"
    Wayne Pendergast, efficientcomfort.net

The newer Goodman superheat charts that come with the units are better than the old ones. They actually use indoor wetbulb temp instead of assuming 50% RH like the old ones. They still call for lower SH than every other manufacturer I've seen so far on most conditions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary
    -----------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123