Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    But then the boss will realize that he isn't paying you enough to buy new boot and will give you a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Then you look like a hack, you only get one chance to make a good first impression, buy new boots. Always maintain your appearance, your customers will notice and your boss also.

And about the venting refer, you are not in position to complain, nor will you get fined. When you get in your own truck will be soon enough to start doing things right. Meanwhile learn all you can, including how not to do things, from your journeyman and prepare yourself to be a better tech!

This thread has to be a hoax but I'll play along. It's about remarkably poor judgement, right?

Backstabbing, name calling and finger pointing will ruin your rep in this small industry every bit as quick as epa shenanigans. Oh, I'm doing it behind their backs but only online...BS, parts counters always have 1 or 2 blowhards doing the exact same thing.

The kid better find a way to go out on his own quick, no shop is gonna tolerate "beauty parlor gossip" for long.

Quote Originally Posted by btuhack View Post
    This thread has to be a hoax but I'll play along. It's about remarkably poor judgement, right?

Backstabbing, name calling and finger pointing will ruin your rep in this small industry every bit as quick as epa shenanigans. Oh, I'm doing it behind their backs but only online...BS, parts counters always have 1 or 2 blowhards doing the exact same thing.

The kid better find a way to go out on his own quick, no shop is gonna tolerate "beauty parlor gossip" for long.
    This is why i never mentioned a company or employee or place, i posted this because i had no idea what to do after seeing that happen. Thanks for reading!

I think my thread here should be removed...i learned my lesson and i shouldn't leave my venting post (no pun intended) here.

Every one was young once, or so I think I remember. Don't worry about it.
    I got "let go" on my first HVAC job in 71. Something about being mouthy.
    As I already had my Master electricians license, I found a guy that needed a house wired, then he asked if I knew a plumber. I did that too. Bought more tools, been buying them ever since, never looked back to see who might be chasing me The company that I worked for is one of 2 that I recommend when I can't get to a job or just don't want to do it. I will say that I get a fuzzy feeling when I grab a job from them though. Just worry about yourself doing the right thing, some day there will be an accounting.

that's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by walden.raccoon View Post
    I think my thread here should be removed...i learned my lesson and i shouldn't leave my venting post (no pun intended) here.
    You're fine, pretty much everybody has one or two things they do in life that polarizes people. Your thread is polarizing because of how you presented the info, the amount of time you have in the trade and that it's related to an 'epa' offense.

Absorb the info you need to get better and move forward.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567