Ok, undercounter frig that won't go below 45

Post Ok, undercounter frig that won't go below 45

Starlight frig 28 yrs old, kept freezing coil. Here is what has been done, tev changed possible flooding coil helped prevent freezing. Had a leak, but only when running , leaking out around wires on compressor, changed compressor. New lps on set at 30psi diff 10, should be freezing with those numbers. New filter and is full in sight glass. R-12 system. Cabinet 45 degrees and steady. Low pressure 30 to 17. Suction temp 75.1 and i side pressure 140 and temp is at 95.7. System is 1/4 hp, new compressor was 1/3. Pulled down to 450 microns and left set overnight. Cabinet needs to be around 37. Help, losing my shirt on this one. Was thinking I was as close to the book as possible, not sure what I have missed..

What is your superheat at the coil. Your suction temp seems high to me but ?????????
    Jim
    Tucson, Az
    Keeping the Ice Cream Frozen!

sounds like partial high side restriction. discharge is high for that ambient and superheat is also high. is TEV adjustable? if it is then open it up some to get your superheat down, if not then look for partially plugged drier or inlet screen on the expansion valve

If box called for .25 hp compressor why did you install .33 hp, it was never designed for that compressor....
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Had some else ask about the tev, will be going back in am, will start there to see about opening it up. Thanks

At the time that was what I could find for r-12,so I was thinking the tev would take care of that. I knew it could be trouble, but I was thinking if anything it would freeze

Did blow it out after changing tev, that very well could be my overlooked problem. Thank you