Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobs

Jobs

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ment-7-6-.html Today's report good,4/13 and 5/13 revised higher by 70k!

Funny perfect with all the hits our economy has been getting, loss of jobs, bankruptcies, unprecedented dropping of our standard of living, etc. all thanks to our Marxist leader in charge, your post kinda of reminds me of the scene in "Gone with the Wind" when in the ashes of the tragic devastation of the war to the South, Scarlett O'hara raises her fist and says "with God as my witness I'll never go hungry again". Yeah what a joke. Thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAmLm_jYyY
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny perfect with all the hits our economy has been getting, loss of jobs, bankruptcies, unprecedented dropping of our standard of living, etc. all thanks to our Marxist leader in charge, your post kinda of reminds me of the scene in "Gone with the Wind" when in the ashes of the tragic devastation of the war to the South, Scarlett O'hara raises her fist and says "with God as my witness I'll never go hungry again". Yeah what a joke. Thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAmLm_jYyY
    So,I take this post to mean you don't think the numbers are correct or are contrived!Oh,BTW this was done in spite of the Gov. Jobs cutbacks!

Despite growth in the private sector, and a reduction in the Govt. sector.....overall....the "recovery" is still anemic.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Yep, the economy has been picking up some steam the last year or so. Its the housing market. That has obviously improved a lot recently. That drives so much of the economy from construction, banking, furniture stores, etc etc, not to mention many home owners feeling better about their biggest investment their house. Personally I'm a pretty conservative investor but I did shift a nice chunk of my portfolio recently from bonds to stocks because the trend definitely looks up for at least the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Despite growth in the private sector, and a reduction in the Govt. sector.....overall....the "recovery" is still anemic.
    Not really,the numbers we are now getting is going to tell the Fed to start cutting back bond buying and stimulus!Housing,Retail,Mfg.orders,Car numbers very strong!

Part time jobs up 360K full time down 240K

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...-plunge-240000
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Part time jobs up 360K full time down 240K

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...-plunge-240000

Obamacare?

Companies are going to adjust to new laws.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/54-m...ment-continues

the United States has seen 54 straight months with the unemployment rate at 7.5 percent or higher, which is the longest stretch of unemployment at or above that rate since 1948, when the Bureau of Labor Statistics started calculating the national unemployment rate. -

I don't see any good news here.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Obamacare?

Companies are going to adjust to new laws.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/54-m...ment-continues

the United States has seen 54 straight months with the unemployment rate at 7.5 percent or higher, which is the longest stretch of unemployment at or above that rate since 1948, when the Bureau of Labor Statistics started calculating the national unemployment rate. -

I don't see any good news here.
    Funny all the Dems and the Obama press sure do. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I remember some of the statements made here a few years ago.It was said that the unemployment percentage was really much higher than stated.This was said because many just quit looking.Well guess what,More people are looking!Wonder why that rag of a link,that looking for a donation did not say that! As to fulltime vs part time,I think it's a little early to draw a conclusion,that data was over the length of a year.That other fine link is the only one that I see has.I love it when you guys dig real deep for what you want to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    I remember some of the statements made here a few years ago.It was said that the unemployment percentage was really much higher than stated.This was said because many just quit looking.Well guess what,More people are looking!Wonder why that rag of a link,that looking for a donation did not say that! As to fulltime vs part time,I think it's a little early to draw a conclusion,that data was over the leanth of a year.That other fine link is the only one that has I see has.I love it when you guys dig real deep for what you want to hear!
    Geez pertect shame you can't vote Obama for the 3rd time. Well let's hope not you don't know what that gangster from Chicago has up his sleave now. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Glen you just don't get it,this is not about Obama.It is about the fact we a now doing the best of any country in the whole world!

Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    Glen you just don't get it,this is not about Obama.It is about the fact we a now doing the best of any country in the whole world!
    Oh it is about Obama. Our dear leader will not fail us. He truly cares about us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast