Mass killings over illegal guns...

Interesting story... Worth a read:

http://fauquierfreecitizen.com/seven...ion-in-boston/

Seems there were folks who had a conviction of their beliefs... and were willing to take risks for those same beliefs. It appears the outcome was a good thing.

I wonder if we have enough folks with convictions of their beliefs today... to arrange an internal outcome near as good as that external outcome in the linked story... Hmmmmm..

Answer: get involved...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I read this a week ago or so. I don't believe it is factual but rather a tongue and cheek story G.

In truth, knowing folks may be armed and resist, they would get you while you least expect it...in the middle of the night while you're sleeping....Benladin style.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I read this a week ago or so. I don't believe it is factual but rather a tongue and cheek story G.

In truth, knowing folks may be armed and resist, they would get you while you least expect it...in the middle of the night while you're sleeping....Benladin style.
    Read the link all the way to the bottom Cool... then post back...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Gotcha...weird....I read something very similar to this where it was a modern day event trying to fool the reader.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Our Revolution was started over gun confiscation-period. It is a fact. Gage's men weren't on a 50 mile hike for fun. They perceived the growing resentment of The Crown, learned of weapons caches in Lexington and especially Concord and marched to confiscate guns that had been legally owned.

Correction to the tale: It was the militia (National Guard) who met the standing army to repel them. The Minutemen got beaten back at Lexington but bought time for help to remove the guns and ammo. Soon, the Minutemen outnumbered the British and held them from crossing the North Bridge at Concord. On the way back to Boston, these same men, who were earlier defeated, shot the British to pieces. The British even sent a relief column to assist in the withdrawal. We're talking about the best, most powerful professional army in the world here. About 50 men died to protect their right to those guns because they knew those guns were their last shred of freedom over a tyrannical oppressive rule. A few years earlier, those same muskets were used by these same men in support of the English Crown against the French and Indians in the Seven Years War. A lot of Mass. men died for the Crown back then. For things to get to where these same men turned against the Crown they only recently had fought and died for tells you something about how overreaching the English Crown had gotten. Note that those muskets were not there for personal protection. They were not there to hunt deer. They were there to protect the people from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

The Second Amendment was put there to guard the First Amendment-- the right to express yourself. Self expression is the hallmark of freedom. Note there is a difference between "expression" and "rule". You can allow people to express their feelings on matters without having to adopt their views as rule. Now, when our government becomes tyrannical, as anticipated by the Founders, there is provision for dealing with that. It is The People who own this country--not the government. It is The People who hold the power to throw out any bums who get out of hand. It is The People who are most at fault when corrupt men and women are allowed to run the country into the ground. It is The People who can Amend or even re-write the Constitution of they so desire--not the government. The ownership of firearms for the purposes of personal defense, hunting or plinking are so basic, they were not deemed relevant to express those rights in the Constitution. It was absurd to think back them what we are seeing now. The thing they did foresee was the need to hold an oppressive government in check and the only way to do that is with an armed populace. Those guns are the ONLY difference between freedom and slavery.

So, any time you discuss the 2nd Amendment, don't even get into a discussion about hunting or personal defense. It's all about freedom from government. The apple of holding power over another person is just too tantalizing for most men. They jump at the chance to force someone to do their will. It is human nature. It is a rare few who are given such power then hand it back. The greatest example of this in history I know of was George Washington. He beat the British. He OWNED this country. It was in the palm of his hand. He was even offered to be king. He refused it all, disbanded the army and rode home. He could have been Caesar. Now we have an Emperor Nero.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Gotcha...weird....I read something very similar to this where it was a modern day event trying to fool the reader.
    I started reading it thinking to myself... OH Sh*t... another round of gun control. The last lines were cool to see...

History is a cool thing (no pun to your screen name).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Good post Hearth!

Remembering that winning our freedom from oppressive (tyrannical) rule of England was started over gun-control, was well worth reading!

THX for taking the time to report historical truth the left/libs would LOVE to hide from the public eye.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8