Who was Thomas Jefferson??

This came across my Email box this morning... it is not new to the internet.
    Read this carefully, including the part in RED below.

Who was Thomas Jefferson

This is amazing. There are two parts. Be sure to read the 2nd part (in
    RED).
    Thomas Jefferson was a very remarkable man who started learning very early in life and never stopped.

At 5, began studying under his cousin's tutor.

At 9, studied Latin, Greek and French.

At 14, studied classical literature and additional languages..

At 16, entered the College of William and Mary.

At 19, studied Law for 5 years starting under George Wythe.

At 23, started his own law practice.

At 25, was elected to the Virginia House of Burgesses.

At 31, wrote the widely circulated "Summary View of the Rights of British America ? And retired from his law practice.

At 32, was a Delegate to the Second Continental Congress.

At 33, wrote the Declaration of Independence .

At 33, took three years to revise Virginia 's legal code and wrote a Public Education bill and a statute for Religious Freedom.

At 36, was elected the second Governor of Virginia succeeding Patrick Henry.

At 40, served in Congress for two years.

At 41, was the American minister to France and negotiated commercial treaties with European nations along with Ben Franklin and John Adams.

At 46, served as the first Secretary of State under George Washington.

At 53, served as Vice President and was elected president of the American Philosophical Society.

At 55, drafted the Kentucky Resolutions and became the active head of Republican Party.

At 57, was elected the third president of the United States ..

At 60, obtained the Louisiana Purchase doubling the nation's size.

At 61, was elected to a second term as President.

At 65, retired to Monticello .

At 80, helped President Monroe shape the Monroe Doctrine.

At 81, almost single-handedly created the University of Virginia and served as its first president.

At 83, died on the 50th anniversary of the Signing of the Declaration of Independence along with John Adams.

Thomas Jefferson knew because he himself studied the previous failed attempts at government. He understood actual history, the nature of God, his laws and the nature of man. That happens to be way more than what most understand today. Jefferson really knew his stuff. A voice from the past to lead us in the future:

John F. Kennedy held a dinner in the white House for a group of the brightest minds in the nation at that time. He made this statement: "This is perhaps the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
    "When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe ."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

I wish we could get this out to everyone!
    I'm doing my part. Please do yours.
    (end)

GA's comment:
    Then tell me any polecat in office today who ranks in accomplishment and understanding and wisdom as the Founder noted above.

BHO... the guy did nothing more than community organizer and one term each in state and fed govt.
    Eric Holder... guy has a rap sheet of scandals longer than a July 4th marathon.
    Tim Geitner... the current head of the treasury... who wants to raise taxes... yet is a confirmed tax cheat himself.
    The list of corruption of current polecats can go on and on and on and on...
    And it is not only Dems... GOP's are guilty also.

GA has posted this repeatedly, above is proof: The Founders were smarter than current polecats... If we were as smart as we think we are... we would listen to what the founders had in mind. To not do so... well it shows a foolish person (by choice)...
    In simple terms: This smug high minded intellectualism that says our country is too far along to bother with the founding documents or their principles... is the talk of fools.

Now we must ask the question: Do we want a nation of folks that are influenced and are led by fools?

I challenge any liberal on this board to prove the following:
    Show me a liberal who was a better statesman that the founder noted above...
    Answer the challenge about fools and foolishness...
    And then show all of us how your liberalism is better than the founders ways suggested in the founding documents...
    Specific facts and circumstances only... NO SPIN.

The challenge is open to anyone who thinks they can conquer it...

Oh yeah, I forgot... Liberals are in reality wards of the state... They do not do challenges... they live off others.
    Prove me wrong Libs, here is your chance...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

You know G, In many public schools today, they are not even teaching the students about civics, nationality and or American government. They substitute it with liberal political correctness (lies) and globalism (NWO thinking).

Schools skip the lessons that our founding fathers taught and about the Constitution of the United States. Instead they have week long lessons about MLK ( a known card carrying communist), gay pride/awareness, etc.

Teachers dont even make their own teaching guidelines. They come from packets designed by snakes in the government.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    You know G, In many public schools today, they are not even teaching the students about civics, nationality and or American government. They substitute it with liberal political correctness (lies) and globalism (NWO thinking).

Schools skip the lessons that our founding fathers taught and about the Constitution of the United States. Instead they have week long lessons about MLK ( a known card carrying communist), gay pride/awareness, etc.

Teachers dont even make their own teaching guidelines. They come from packets designed by snakes in the government.
    Which is why I have said many times over; the only way to get the Country back on track, without the use of guns, is to take back the Educational system. The deterioration and bastardizing of our Educational system is the single most contributor to why we are where we are at now.

TJ was a wise man....and some not nearly as wise men use his quotes in signature lines on internet forums.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Liberal Progressivism stands in stark contrast against the principles of Jefferson. They seek to undo all he created. In order to undermine him, you first hide his ideas from young minds then you pervert them with lies, untruths and obscenities. To make this plan work, you must also destroy their religious beliefs because whether Jefferson acknowledged it or not, his views were based upon Christian values. Many here on the ARP continue to deny those values but you cannot hide from the truth. It was those values that built this country and protect you to this very day from oppression. Go ahead guys. Take away Christ and see how long you survive or who well off you are. Without those values, the S will HTF.

I agree Gibby!

The same folks that control education also control media/news outlets.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Oh, I know that... It was starting when I was in high school between 68-72. Not sure how the country will survive without folks who understand what truth really is... to speak up.

The majority will rule... that is, the majority that speak out. If the majority are the wierdos.... then they will rule. OTOH: if the majority is folks with traditional common sense... they will rule.

Freedom requires some effort to maintain. The founder above mentioned this. IMO we who understand would be wise to listen.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14