Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skpkey9 View Post
    Where did that come from ??? I think your in the wrong thread... lol
    from page one....

Darn oddball refrigerants! Does that 414b follow R12 p/t ? or give corresponding temps to me, also temp at condensing unit.
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    from page one....

Darn oddball refrigerants! Does that 414b follow R12 p/t ? or give corresponding temps to me, also temp at condensing unit.
    gotcha but in your post you said 22 that's why I was giving you a hard time...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

go get the timberwolfs! i like having elk much more than wolves. I've seen a pretty good decline in idaho the last few years.

gotcha but in your post you said 22 that's why I was giving you a hard time...

frick !! i didn't notice....my bad !
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    go get the timberwolfs! i like having elk much more than wolves. I've seen a pretty good decline in idaho the last few years.
    No kills either side today! Got the rancher set up with Rem 700 308 165gr @250yd. Now thats the data I can work with.

Ya Ya Ya ... The OP is clearly in way over his head and his easiest way out is to just put the proper compressor in and move on to the next call...
    I don't see that at all. KK is taking the correct readings, answering our queries & gives me the impression that I'm working with one of my peers. Over his head? We all make mistakes... so far he's been given the incorrect operating temp, and was told that the txv was incorrect, in both cases OP gave hard data to prove otherwise. I think that he's showing up with a txv & drier, when that doesn't work, we'll carry on.

thanks. it turns out when you have a case with nothing but "federal" to go by, no model, no serial, etc... it's not as easy as a 5 year old true prep table.....
    the owners want it fixed and i'm hoping to do that. i didn't like the 200 psi head with 414, so i went to 416a, i talked with federal describing case, length, etc.... decided it was probably an 1984 case, confirmed txv, converted back to lp control that it came with, and added a 9045 clock to help freezing- what have i done so far to be so "in over my head, and what would you have done different" ya super heat is still to high, i would like to see 10 myself, i don't doubt compressor is wrong at all, but that's what there. have you never had a customer who needs something working who can't just buy a new condenser like it's nothing? hopefully what i did will get them by. any other recommendations welcome.

BTW archery elk hunting is my life. i use a homemade wooden longbow, and love it. i hope he gets the wolfs.

Converted back to lp control that it came with was one step you had taken. With out all the data I am just wondering is the differential is too wide?

Quote Originally Posted by IRBH View Post
    I don't see that at all. KK is taking the correct readings, answering our queries & gives me the impression that I'm working with one of my peers. Over his head? We all make mistakes... so far he's been given the incorrect operating temp, and was told that the txv was incorrect, in both cases OP gave hard data to prove otherwise. I think that he's showing up with a txv & drier, when that doesn't work, we'll carry on.
    Where was he told the incorrect operating temp of the compressor ???
    I was the one who called out the error in compressor as he was stating 1/2 HP compressor and 1/2 ton TEV that compressor is rated 1410 BTU's @ -25*F right in the sweet spot of the operating envelope. How and where you get that's incorrect... Please I'm all ears.

Where was it posted that the TEV is incorrect ??? That was never stated.

The HARD data that the OP gave clearly shows that the compressor does not have the capacity to pull the box down or guess what it would be at temp right now, but it is not, now I don't know where you guys are working that they can wait a week or more for guessing and still no answers.
    Keep in mind we had no model or serial numbers to go off of, I was the one who asked for the compressor model number not you, you are correct we all make mistakes and right now I'm trying to prevent them or any more, and help the OP get this box cooling for his customer...
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    thanks. it turns out when you have a case with nothing but "federal" to go by, no model, no serial, etc... it's not as easy as a 5 year old true prep table.....
    the owners want it fixed and i'm hoping to do that. i didn't like the 200 psi head with 414, so i went to 416a, i talked with federal describing case, length, etc.... decided it was probably an 1984 case, confirmed txv, converted back to lp control that it came with, and added a 9045 clock to help freezing- what have i done so far to be so "in over my head, and what would you have done different" ya super heat is still to high, i would like to see 10 myself, i don't doubt compressor is wrong at all, but that's what there. have you never had a customer who needs something working who can't just buy a new condenser like it's nothing? hopefully what i did will get them by. any other recommendations welcome.

BTW archery elk hunting is my life. i use a homemade wooden longbow, and love it. i hope he gets the wolfs.
    I would be all over that compressor asking when it was installed and when it started having cooling issues and if it ever cooled properly after the used compressor was installed... you gave us enough info that threw up enough red flags that I would have investigated before starting, and you readings confirm... also we never got hot gas line temp or compressor barrel temp they would help as well. The high head pressure with 414B is caused from the 22 content... 416A is a much better refrigerant.
    Not trying to be an ass just trying to help you get through this call and get paid

[QUOTE=skpkey9;16160001]1) If it's a cooler you should be shooting for 34.5* - 35* CO that way the average temp of your food is 37*

/QUOTE]
    Here's the incorrect operating temp, as per your request.

Yes, Change it... if they want to keep it... Also If you Go to change it Install proper TEV while you are at it or you will still be on the losing end of this battle...

Hope this helps
    And here he is being told to install the PROPER valve.

[QUOTE=IRBH;16168041]
    1) If it's a cooler you should be shooting for 34.5* - 35* CO that way the average temp of your food is 37*

/QUOTE]
    Here's the incorrect operating temp, as per your request.
    So you don't have a health department wherever you are...
    Well it's safe to say then I will not be eating at any restaurants up there, can't say I'm a big fan of food poisoning....

If CO is 34.5* - 35* with a 5* differential CI will be 40* - 41* will place food temp @ around 37* ( SAFE ) over 40* will fail with health department....

Thanks for the warning on where not to eat... LOL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast