Trane XV1500 System Controller

Anyone know of a new or used system controller (TAYSTAT 262/263) from a Trane XV1500 (Model TWV039E150C1) circa 1992. This was Trane's true variable speed system. The inside control board decided to quit sending 24v to the outdoor fan and DC voltage for fan speed. Otherwise, the system still works great, is extremely efficient and was way ahead of its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsane View Post
    Anyone know of a new or used system controller (TAYSTAT 262/263) from a Trane XV1500 (Model TWV039E150C1) circa 1992. This was Trane's true variable speed system. The inside control board decided to quit sending 24v to the outdoor fan and DC voltage for fan speed. Otherwise, the system still works great, is extremely efficient and was way ahead of its time.
    AYVSTAT101A was a replacement/upgrade for that controller:
    http://www.trane.com/webcache/es/int...2_12011994.pdf

I have the factory manual for XV1500. If you want it let me know..

Need Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    I have the factory manual for XV1500. If you want it let me know..
    Joe,
    if you still have that manual, please send to me... ngerrald@gmail.com
    thanks,
    Neil

I just emailed you a copy of a Power Point training class done by an ex Trane FSR. Check it out, every thing you would EVER want to know about the XV1500!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by ngerrald View Post
    Joe,
    if you still have that manual, please send to me... thanks,
    Neil
    Also you want to remove your email and put it in your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Hi Jimj,

I have one if these units. It is acting up.

Regarding the manual and training slides...

Do you still have them. Would you be willing to share them with me?

Thanks,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveArlington View Post
    Hi Jimj,

I have one if these units. It is acting up.

Regarding the manual and training slides...

Do you still have them. Would you be willing to share them with me?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Sorry Steve but I will only share if your a Pro member. The XV1500 is a hand full for a good tech and a homeowner would be well advised to keep there hands out of it. Sorry.

Hmmm. I have no intention if working on it myself. I just want be prepared when my service guy does come. It's a request for knowledge for the sake if knowledge.

We have one of those contracts for a check up in the spring and the fall. Each time they say it's fine followed with "you know this is a special unit and parts are unavailable". I am unclear of the truth on that statement. Maybe they just don't know where to get the parts or how to service it. Again, I am seeking knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

The unit seems to be doing fine this evening after throwing an F exception on the thermostat earlier today. That promptly lead to a call at work from my wife!

I never really listened to it that closely outside until today and again a little earlier this summer after we were out if the house for 9 days with stat at 82.

Is it normal for the unit outside to spin up three times, each time a little longer and a little faster then stop for a while as part of a normal restart when it hasn't been put to task for a while but the new stat demand is high (changed from 82 to 77 for example)?

Are descriptions like this in the documentation that you have. I Have very little documentation.

Thermostat model TAYSTAT262

Is it normal for the unit outside to spin up three times, each time a little longer and a little faster then stop for a while as part of a normal restart when it hasn't been put to task for a while but the new stat demand is high (changed from 82 to 77 for example)?

Are descriptions like this in the documentation that you have. I Have very little documentation.
    No this is not normal and should be looked at by your service company. The unit will try starting a max of five times before locking out.

Thank you. The stat also shows full on sometimes lately yet no action whatsoever outside or inside.

Now comes the big questions. Fix or replace? Are parts available? Is the knowledge out there to fix it? The joy!

The good news is the experience of this multi speed forced air unit has given us for over a decade since buying this house wuas WONDERFUL. The plate says manufactured in 1900 but I think it was installed in 92!

There is a chance when we pressure washed our deck that we blew some crud into the long side of the unit where the controller and what look on the marketing lit like expansion tubes/bulbs. Could this be a cause for the symptom?

Thanks again. I'll post what our tech says after he comes out.