Confused drain line sweating please help

i have 25 ton chill water ahu on mess floor above the conditioned space.the condensate drain runs to a floor drain just for the ahu witch none were insulated.on one side of this building i have this problem on 2 floors. i asked around and was told the only thing i could do was insulate the pipe.i insulated the pipe and the problem remains on both floors.what do u thank the real problem is because i have the same set in the building 10 other places in the building with no problems

Is the coil leaking ssuper cold chilled water? Airflow plroblems making condensate Ice cold?

The piping connected to the floor drain could now be sweating as well. Also check to make sure all of the condensate is going into the pan. Check to make sure the fan housing or anything in the airstream is not sweating. You would be surprised where this stuff shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by johntfl View Post
    i have 25 ton chill water ahu on mess floor above the conditioned space.the condensate drain runs to a floor drain just for the ahu witch none were insulated.on one side of this building i have this problem on 2 floors. i asked around and was told the only thing i could do was insulate the pipe.i insulated the pipe and the problem remains on both floors.what do u thank the real problem is because i have the same set in the building 10 other places in the building with no problems
    Take temp and humidity readings around the outside of the AHU. you may be drawing air into the room that is unconditioned. you can be drawing air from under a door, from a return ..window, vents.....

than take temp/hum from the rooms you don't have a problem to see what those are and what differences are in these rooms....are these rooms conditioned?

what is below the room, is the floor warm?