2 carrier 38AH 054 condensers losing mulitpe (06e) compressors ?

so here is what we know: . single circuit and no branch off to solenoid valves for staging and only one txv on the evaporator coil. Also No oil trap at the ahu on suction line . Unit has 2) 25 ton 06e compressors . the ahu is 100% oa . we installed 1 compressor in 2 of these units installed the same way. we already blew the head gasket on one and lost the charge and now we lost another compressor, and actually there's been several compressor change outs as the one's we replaced were rebuilds. unit is only 13 years. (there is an accumalator at the condenser). we know that it's completely installed on the wrong evap. coil and the piping configuration is also wrong at the ahu. i think the biggest problem is the one txv on the condenser, i briefly talked to carrier and they told me to walk and good luck. any suggestions would be great. we cancelled our warranty on the compressors for system deficiencies and cust. is looking for answers to try and save these compressors. surprisingly, they understood as if they've gone thru this with other contractors. oh the seq. for these condensers are as follows, staging is supposed to be thru the LL soelnoid valves at ahu and compressor # 2 cycles on press. if coil loads up and suction gets above i believe 83 it comes on, if it drops below 53 it kicks off. there is one mechanical unloader one the 1st stage compressor.

some operating #'s with one compressor running :
    58 suction
    11*f sh
    255 liq.
    6*f sc
    193*f discharge
    30 psi oil diff.
    sight glass is 1/8 full
    inlet air to evap. 86*f
    outside air 86*f

Losing compressors, not piped correctly I would say pipe it properly, that is why Carrier wiped their hands clean, just as I would. Apparently the customer has some knowledge about it being pipe wrong and they choose not to fix it but want answers? Cant help those that wont help themselves.

Suction is low at that entering air temp. Have you checked evap coil cleanliness? TXV screen? I would set 2nd stage pump to cycle off at 65 psi on at 83 psi. Maybe icing coil and w/o out at least a drop solenoid probably severe floodback at start up after long off cycle. Do you have sightglass on liquid line to verify charge? Maybe undercharged?

you didn't say how the compressors are failing
    i'm guessing mechanical
    probably oil return or liquid slugging
    knowing what is wrong is the first step to making it right
    a blown head gasket = liquid or oil on the piston
    Last edited by Dennis.Moore; 07-06-2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added thought
    Economy - Quality - Speed <---- pick two

I don't know what to say. The problem is its not piped correctly. Pipe it correctly and it will be fixed.

The one TXV statement has me puzzled. One TXV feeding two coils?