Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    You've got channel locks right.... I've got a fuse puller somewhere but its never handy when I need to pull a fuse my channel locks are always close by.
    The never ending dilemma...I suppose i should at least have one on the truck somewhere.

Thanks all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    See attached. Are these breakers that you find in outdoor disconnects just regular breakers that would fit in a panel? Like if I say gimme a GE fat 2 pole 40, a Federal Pacific Stab Lok 2 pole 30 or a Zinsco 25 etc?

Or are they a special bread made for outdoors with a different mounting application?
    To be legal , the circuit breakers must be stamped that they are HVACR rated . And , hopefully the same brand as the loadcenter .

What are the 2 green wires that attach to the Romex ?

Low voltage to the condenser ? That would be illegal in my neck of the woods .

God bless
    Wyr

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post
    To be legal , the circuit breakers must be stamped that they are HVACR rated . And , hopefully the same brand as the loadcenter .

God bless
    Wyr
    Is here, too; technically. I've taken to knocking out a small blank on the disconnect or drilling a hole and running the LV on the outside of the HV whip when I catch the rare install.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WyrTwister View Post

God bless
    Wyr
    HACR labeling of circuit breakers is no longer required and was removed from UL 1995 as a requirement for hvacr equipment installations.

All circuit breakers that meet the requirements of UL 489 for molded circuit breakers satisfies the original testing that was required for HACR and UL dropped the additional testing requirements.

Also as stated it is an NEC code violation
    725.136 Separation from Electric Light, Power, Class 1, Non–Power-Limited Fire Alarm Circuit Conductors, and Medium-Power Network-Powered Broadband Communications Cables.

(A) General. Cables and conductors of Class 2 and Class 3 circuits shall not be placed in any cable, cable tray, compartment, enclosure, manhole, outlet box, device box, raceway, or similar fitting with conductors of electric light, power, Class 1, non–power-limited fire alarm circuits, and medium-power network-powered broadband communications circuits unless permitted by 725.136(B) through (I).

(B) Separated by Barriers. Class 2 and Class 3 circuits shall be permitted to be installed together with the conductors of electric light, power, Class 1, non–power-limited fire alarm and medium power network-powered broadband communications circuits where they are separated by a barrier.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Is here, too; technically. I've taken to knocking out a small blank on the disconnect or drilling a hole and running the LV on the outside of the HV whip when I catch the rare install.
    Biggest thing with having the LV cable on the outside of the whip , over time , the plastic may deteriorate from the UV in sunlight . May depend on the composition of the plastic ?

But probably closer to code .

Having a weep hole in the bottom of a rain-tite enclosure is usually not a bad idea , anyway .

Be careful out there .

God bless
    Wyr
    Last edited by WyrTwister; 07-17-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Add a comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12