I am a controls programmer and Im looking to move to a state were I can get paid.

I program Honeywell spyders, Johnson FEC,s, PCT and N2 products, Schneider I/A Series controls I am also AX certified and build servers from the integration up to graphics and floor plans. I have 5 years of exp in Controls. I program anything from Unitary controls to AHU's and central plants. I have traveled all around the country and found that Arizona is a very hard state to make real money in Controls. I work for one of the largest controls companies in Arizona. I have a degree in HVAC-R from UTI and have worked in this field for all my career as a Residential HVAC Tech and small Commercial refrigeration tech over 13 years in the field. I was born and raised here in Phoenix and as I traveled around the country from coast to coast and I talk to the other contractors in those states and it seems like techs in Phoenix get the short end of the stick when it comes to Pay and the way we are treated in general. I cant complain to much about treatment but my pay seems very low compared to other major cities. I have had job offers in Florida, Texas, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Indiana, and North Carolina. I am leaning toward Texas or Florida my question is what is a salary I should be asking for in these states I am at the top of my field in Phoenix and I have a great Resume and great standing with all my previous employers all 4 of them.

Love what you do and you wont work a day in your life

Quote Originally Posted by mattateci View Post
    I program Honeywell spyders, Johnson FEC,s, PCT and N2 products, Schneider I/A Series controls I am also AX certified and build servers from the integration up to graphics and floor plans. I have 5 years of exp in Controls. I program anything from Unitary controls to AHU's and central plants. I have traveled all around the country and found that Arizona is a very hard state to make real money in Controls. I work for one of the largest controls companies in Arizona. I have a degree in HVAC-R from UTI and have worked in this field for all my career as a Residential HVAC Tech and small Commercial refrigeration tech over 13 years in the field. I was born and raised here in Phoenix and as I traveled around the country from coast to coast and I talk to the other contractors in those states and it seems like techs in Phoenix get the short end of the stick when it comes to Pay and the way we are treated in general. I cant complain to much about treatment but my pay seems very low compared to other major cities. I have had job offers in Florida, Texas, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Indiana, and North Carolina. I am leaning toward Texas or Florida my question is what is a salary I should be asking for in these states I am at the top of my field in Phoenix and I have a great Resume and great standing with all my previous employers all 4 of them.

Love what you do and you wont work a day in your life
    Don't think your going to get alot of good feedback in the public forums. You would get better feedback in the Pro forums, but you need to get your post count up and apply.

But with that said and my limited tracking.......the southeast seems to be the most bang for your buck. Pay vs cost of living.....controls wise. But my wife won't let me prove it.