Oceanfront condensers - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    The Carrier coastal unit doesnt do that well either, Goodman outperforms them in many cases
    That's bad.

Trane

Do you have any pics of tranes or american standards that are shot from the salt ? Thanks
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

I have this one

It took 14 years to get that bad though, still working

Trane

Whats the coil look like ?
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Dupont is working with Caltrel® Polymer Heat Exchangers. No corrision problems. They will with stand higher pressures than standard heat exchanger coils, there are no fins, ribs in the tubing help transfer the heat. The coils are not repairable which actually has a benefit if you've are made repeated repairs on the same coil.

Quote Originally Posted by bob hubbard View Post
    Ill get some pics next time I have the chance

they hold up very well, if you leave them alone, if you disturb the spines they will fall off

you was right.Ive never seen anything like that

sheesh........a little pm and they should be fine........

Im close (<2 miles) from the pacific, so yeah, I have seen that movie!

Quote Originally Posted by bob hubbard View Post
    My experience is very similar to SwampFox's with the Trane/AS units. They do seem to hold up VERY well, but the spine-fins become brittle after 5 or so years. Even without spines, they'll still run quite well (hopefully they oversized 'em slightly to compensate for the coastal environment).

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Dupont is working with Caltrel® Polymer Heat Exchangers. No corrision problems. They will with stand higher pressures than standard heat exchanger coils, there are no fins, ribs in the tubing help transfer the heat. The coils are not repairable which actually has a benefit if you've are made repeated repairs on the same coil.
    I wonder if it will curb dog piss?

Oh, c'mon, dog piss wins ever time. Only a little "extra" 120v/220v current running through the chassis stands a chance against that.

I worked in Daytona Beach area for a few years and those coast gaurd units did okay but for in the differance in price id just buy a goodman or something else. The maytag did okay out there, they usually lasted for atleast 7 to 8 years, but we would coat the coils with a special coating to protect them better. Ive been to plenty of homes where the coils are shot in as little as 3 years and i hate telling the cust they are going to have to cut us another check for new cond. unit!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234