Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 30
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    you totally missed the point.

    and i think they just reported in the news they created some monument to Atheism.
    Yeah, and the majority of atheists think those morons, are well morons. They put it up because they challenged a monument to the 10 commandments, and the court said you can put up your own to, so they put that stupid american atheist group put this stupid bench in place. It looks more like a monument to "we hate the ten commandments and religion" than a monument to atheism. That makes sense though because how can you have a monument to nothing? If you can get rid of that thing most of the atheists I know would applaud you.

    What is your point then?

    I took it as lets use government to dictate that atheism was a religion so that we can oppress it.

    BTW I'm not an atheist or a christian. I don't know enough to claim how the universe came about. Agnostic, or maybe even sopholism would be a better way of describing my outlook. I won't even call them beliefs.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    As usual you are unable to come up with substance. Just more empty claims!
    Well, let's see Hugh old buddy:

    1.Barton's publisher stopped publication and distribution of his book because of shoddy, unsupported work.

    2. Barton's book, the Jefferson Lies, has been named the "The least credible history book in print" by History News Network.


    3.Barton has been forced to retract quotes he used in his books and videos because he either fabricated the quotes or was unable to vet them.

    4. Barton was caught lying about Jefferson's Letter To The Danbury Baptists and then lied again trying to cover it up.

    5. Barton has no formal training as a historian. He has a degree in Christian Education from Oral Roberts U.


    Pretty much a textbook description of a quack of biblical proportions.

    Of course some folks eat up Barton's lies and mangling of history without an ounce of critical thinking or checking Barton's sources.

    Sad that these people are so deluded and desperate that they turn to hucksters such as Barton.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Duplicate post deleted

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,304

    Thumbs down sad person

    We're gonna have to rename geerair to Conan as in The Destroyer. Our sneering friend here has NEVER posted a single positive, righteous comment but exists ONLY to put down and destroy anything and everything.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Well, let's see Hugh old buddy:

    1.Barton's publisher stopped publication and distribution of his book because of shoddy, unsupported work.

    2. Barton's book, the Jefferson Lies, has been named the "The least credible history book in print" by History News Network.


    3.Barton has been forced to retract quotes he used in his books and videos because he either fabricated the quotes or was unable to vet them.

    4. Barton was caught lying about Jefferson's Letter To The Danbury Baptists and then lied again trying to cover it up.

    5. Barton has no formal training as a historian. He has a degree in Christian Education from Oral Roberts U.


    Pretty much a textbook description of a quack of biblical proportions.

    Of course some folks eat up Barton's lies and mangling of history without an ounce of critical thinking or checking Barton's sources.

    Sad that these people are so deluded and desperate that they turn to hucksters such as Barton.


    As usual from you geer. More claims and no actual evidence! You regularly support claims with additional claims and call that proof. In between, you resort to calling names and casting aspersions on your opponent's thought processes. Again without any actual facts or evidence.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    We're gonna have to rename geerair to Conan as in The Destroyer. Our sneering friend here has NEVER posted a single positive, righteous comment but exists ONLY to put down and destroy anything and everything.
    Geer needs to find another home where he/she can spout all kinds of despise for what America used to stand for, what we were, etc. before the socialists and commies gained power in the former land of the free and brave.

    Must be lots of far left anti-American sites that will welcome geerbot here and abroad. Thank you very .much

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,915
    Forget Barton, I don't really see what is being suggested here.

    Ok, let's just say that atheism has now been declared a religion.

    Exactly WHAT would be removed from school?

    Keep in mind that the only thing that affects Christianity in school is the lack of ability to teach it formally. You could have Christian clubs, for example, no problem.

    What formal atheist teachings are now even being taught, first off?
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Forget Barton, I don't really see what is being suggested here.

    Ok, let's just say that atheism has now been declared a religion.

    Exactly WHAT would be removed from school?

    Keep in mind that the only thing that affects Christianity in school is the lack of ability to teach it formally. You could have Christian clubs, for example, no problem.

    What formal atheist teachings are now even being taught, first off?



    The formal atheist theology/philosophy of evolutionary theory. Just for starters.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The formal atheist theology/philosophy of evolutionary theory. Just for starters.
    Sorry but evolution has nothing to do with atheism or religion. It's a scientific theory that explains how species change and develop over large periods of time. It does not even describe the origins of life. The theory of evolution does not exclude a creator or god.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    We're gonna have to rename geerair to Conan as in The Destroyer. Our sneering friend here has NEVER posted a single positive, righteous comment but exists ONLY to put down and destroy anything and everything.
    You wound me sir.

    Since you are a newbie here you have missed years of my best work. I must have made one or two positive comments somewhere along the way.


    Of course this forum is simply eaten up with folks making all manner of goofy comments that just cry out for constructive ridicule.

    Such a target rich environment. How can a girl resist?


    Besides, I thought you swore an oath to ignore my posts.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    As usual from you geer. More claims and no actual evidence! You regularly support claims with additional claims and call that proof. In between, you resort to calling names and casting aspersions on your opponent's thought processes. Again without any actual facts or evidence.
    Hell boy, that info is in the public domain. Why, the quotes are even posted on Barton's website.

    You wanna defend a charlatan like Barton be my guest.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Geer needs to find another home where he/she can spout all kinds of despise for what America used to stand for, what we were, etc. before the socialists and commies gained power in the former land of the free and brave.

    Must be lots of far left anti-American sites that will welcome geerbot here and abroad. Thank you very .much
    Well I was thinking of joining Stormfront but then I expect I'd run into some folks from here.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The formal atheist theology/philosophy of evolutionary theory. Just for starters.
    See what I mean about a target rich environment heathman?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event