Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take a power resistor (25W or so would be good) and connect it to a "wall wart" power supply. Run the resistor well below its rated power or it will get hot enough to burn you. A variable power supply is a good way to adjust the heat.

Or if you want a ready made solution:
    http://www.amazon.com/X-10-Thermosta.../dp/B001A58T70
    It's just overpriced even compared to buying the parts from Radio Shack.

Resistor in place of the thermostat is the simplest, you can even install it at the unit and avoid having to be in the spaces with occupants. It doesn't require any energy source, you can reuse it, and it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    What about a coffee machine, computer, fax or copier? Seems to work for regular office folk.

kontrol out
    I don't get it! Who would use one of those to fake a sensor out?
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Ok, I am a controls guy and not a mechanical service tech with guages and all... so maybe I am missing something.

BUT

Why would you not just take alligator clips or something and jump out the right 24VAC relays or terminals the stat would normally 'hit' to call or fan and cooling?

If this stat is just an analog input to some other internal controller then look for the outputs from that controller to those same relays or terminals to turn on fan and cooling.

Whoops, that was a triac and not a relay....

Granted you said the right, but sometimes knowing the right one is a problem....
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

What?! are you saying that every unit doesn't have the paper sticker schematics on the inside doors/panels glistening all shiny and white??? HUSH YOUR MOUTH!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12