Hourly wage for hearth and home professionals

Hourly wage for hearth and home professionals

Headed in with the boss tomorrow morning to discuss performance, raise, and future expectations. Was wondering if you guys can give me a ball park on hourly wage a 1st year tech could make. Haven't missed a day of work the whole year, been late 9-12 times over that span ( kids school drop off, family emergency stuff) work 6 days in the season 4- 5 days off peak. Made some mistakes damaged a couple 30.00 motors, small stuff like that nothing compressor like. Not a on the dot out by the time on the clock guy or a milking said clock either. Understand the overall health of the business is the business just to give you guys a gist who I am. Wondering what is a good bump or bad any input would appreciate it

Depends alot on what it cost to live in your area, what your bosses overhead is, how generous he is, and what he charges for a service call and hourly shop rate. So with all that said, you do sound like someone who is willing to do the dirty work and learn, and that's what bosses like. it could be anywhere from 12-20 per hour.

Thanks for the info DV, set up a appt. today with my boss and requested it and got shot down and in was in flames(: We had a pretty good discussion on expectations of the business and timing (bad timing) didn't get upset, know I deserve it but will work harder and make myself more valuable thru service, hustle, sales, diagnosis etc.. that's all I can do. Was a little bummed out but then my boss gave me valid points etc during our conversation and brought up options on how to bring more business in and of course I brought up serving A/C's as an avenue and he was receptive, all my trade college background was that HVAC and Industrial Tech PLC, hydraulics etc.. so we will see how it goes. One day I will be able to install, service, A/C's, Pellet stoves, gas inserts/fireplaces, wood inserts, furnaces, spas, and do chimney sweeps/dryer vents, and what every expands my whole home service etc.. Its a personal goal, well have a cool one guys

What does he charge the client per hour for your time? In most businesses, people make 20% - 33% of the rate charged to the client. If he's charging $80/hr then you should be making $20 - $30/hr. I've managed service businesses for a long time (not hvac) and I can tell you the boss can make a killing if he pays his guys a third of what he takes in as long as they are billable more than 70% of the time.

Regular labor charges 125.00 hr, we travel throughout a valley so it can bump up depending on miles etc.. We just picked up another guy he's starting at 11, and I am at 13.00 hr. we have also gotten into a/c maintenance expect to be making 15.00 in a month or so depending on how fast the new guy picks up the job. Happy with that next year N.AT.E, Hearth and home Certs will be obtained, as long as I am moving forward and can support the family content at this time , and love the job. Have a nice one.

He is billing 125 and paying you 13 huh. Seems way off to me but everyone has different overhead.

It all depends on the market, and availability of techs. If you are able to work out a deal with new appliance sales perhaps that would help your bottom line. We pay all techs an 8% commission on new sales.